Time Card Shadiness

I keep track all my hours worked, but I recently noticed on my previous time card right when I hit over 5.00 hours skilled preload my rate got changed to Porter.

I have never been a porter, and it screams hour shaving to me. What is the rate for Porter? And is there anyway to check time cards past two weeks? Thanks

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I would not care as long as the $$$ are correct. Typical management coding out differently to pretend that they have fixed everything.

If the rate is 1.5X your normal rate after 5 hours. all good.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'd wait for the check before addressing it but go ahead and complain earlier if you want

I've been labelled a porter too in my days. Not often enough to care but the checks were correct at the least.

talked to my union steward about the situation, and he was very upset. He claimed they were fudging the numbers to make the preload look good. Talked about how he is going to investigate it, and that he could get them fired for falsifying records.

I'd contact the union and include screenshots of these odd checks.

I take photos of my punch-in's and out's and my weekly totals go into their own folder after I've checked time card viewer. In the last 2 years they would've shorted me about a grand if I didn't keep up on this. Be very careful though. Taking a picture in a facility can get you fired, but they let us do ours as its in an empty back stock room separated from the sort.

Keeping a little brown book of punch in/out and duty is also a good way (but not as damning as photos). I'll make notes like start time changed, sup handling pkgs, other small things that I'd otherwise forget.

If you've got a bullseye on your back or mgmt doesn't think you'll want the money you worked for, just keep the little brown book.

Utility81

talked to my union steward about the situation, and he was very upset. He claimed they were fudging the numbers to make the preload look good. Talked about how he is going to investigate it, and that he could get them fired for falsifying records.
All drivers in my bldg are instructed to code AM time as service awareness(the 25 mins in the morning that you are loading your truck).

DOK

Lmao, why does ups do this, it’s maddening, “can’t show too much a.m. time”, my question is why?

Why not look at the operation as a whole, at least preload and the delivery side. By worrying solely about the numbers on the preload and let’s say starting the preload later than normal because the volume was expected to be lighter, then the preload doesn’t go down on time, you cost the company so much more money in driver overtime than if you would’ve just started the preload earlier and paid the preloaders their $12 per hour. Never understood the thinking.

Lisa melvin

Bf just started working for ups. Every check has been shaved. No phone allowed in the facility. Thinking about calling eeoc.

Question: i have the direect deposit form here. You are giving permission "to initiate credit entries and CORRECTING DEBIT ENTRIES". Why does this look like permission for them to subtract from your account?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bf just started working for ups. Every check has been shaved. No phone allowed in the facility. Thinking about calling eeoc.

Question: i have the direect deposit form here. You are giving permission "to initiate credit entries and CORRECTING DEBIT ENTRIES". Why does this look like permission for them to subtract from your account?
What does the EEOC have to do with it?

km3

He's technically disabled. And someone said they are taking pictures with their phone of when they log in and out

I use a pen and paper, but I'm old-fashioned like that. His facility should have timeclocks that can punch a time on paper too.

As for the shaving, tell him to wait until he gets seniority (because they can still fire him for anything before that). Then to call the ethics hotline at 800-220-4126.