Time Commitments

AB831

You're a full time student with a life and FedEx isn't your end game. Great for you, really, I mean that sincerely but what about the guy who replaces you when you leave for greener pastures? Now he/she has boosted expectations because you decided to work at FedEx for free, every day.

Do what you want, you may think you're gaming the system but I stand by my original comment. Maybe when you're older you'll realize that.
I’ll realize what? That I wish I’d have spent more time sitting in a McDonald’s parking lot just to get an hour of overtime that I don’t want? Doubt it.

dezguy

I’ll realize what? That I wish I’d have spent more time sitting in a McDonald’s parking lot just to get an hour of overtime that I don’t want? Doubt it.
Why would you get an hour of ot? You're taking an hour rest, just means you finish up a bit later.

Taking a break shouldn't mean you'll be forced into ot.

Damon77

"AB831, post: 4499349, member: 80184"]I’m not aiming this at you, so forgive me if it seems rude, but I really don’t care what happens to my route after I’ve left it.

That's fine, dude. I just think you're hurting yourself. But you do you. Chase your dreams!

AB831

Why would you get an hour of ot? You're taking an hour rest, just means you finish up a bit later.

Taking a break shouldn't mean you'll be forced into it.
I don’t want to finish up a bit later. Why do I have to justify how I spend my time to you anyway?

AB831

QUOTE="AB831, post: 4499349, member: 80184"]I’m not aiming this at you, so forgive me if it seems rude, but I really don’t care what happens to my route after I’ve left it.

That's fine, dude. I just think you're hurting yourself. But you do you. Chase your dreams![/QUOTE]thanks, dude! You too. Make that money for me!

AB831

You replied to a public thread on a public website. Your comment becomes open to public dessemination.
That’s fair enough. But I explained myself, so if you aren’t satisfied with my explanation, I don’t really know what else you expect me to say.

dezguy

That’s fair enough. But I explained myself, so if you aren’t satisfied with my explanation, I don’t really know what else you expect me to say.
And as someone who has been on this earth longer than you have (presumably) and who has worked here longer than you and made mistakes in doing this company favours, I know what ends up happening in the long run. Trust me you don't feel good or smart once you realize the mistake you've made, giving this company any more than required by your employment agreement.

AB831

And as someone who has been on this earth longer than you have (presumably) and who has worked here longer than you and made mistakes in doing this company favours, I know what ends up happening in the long run. Trust me you don't feel good or smart once you realize the mistake you've made, giving this company any more than required by your employment agreement.
Alright, dude, well I appreciate your feedback.

Purplepackage

Is there any other station running service or no. At our station we are still having to run businesses by 1030 and residential by 12

I’ve heard from some guys at my old station who said commit times are basically suggestions for them at this point.

They’ve basically transitioned to peak mode where it’s just don’t bring it back, people leaving with 120-150 stops 5 days a week now

Purplepackage

What’s it to you what I choose to do with my time? I don’t live for this job. I’m a full time college student with friends and family who I want to spend time with, and I work out every day. If you don’t have any responsibilities or obligations other than cardboard, that’s great for you. I don’t have that luxury, so I do what I need to do to have a work/life balance that I feel is appropriate.

Gonna hurt yourself running like that

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Alright, dude, well I appreciate your feedback.
As Operational said, have an accident while off the clock.
You will be required to obtain legal representation at your expense to defend yourself in any potential lawsuit. FedEx will not defend you, only the company, because you weren’t performing your proscribed duties as defined by FedEx. You could face personal bankruptcy, worst case. Your medical insurance may no longer cover any injuries you sustain.
You are leaving yourself open for a lot of grief. Is that 30 minutes you get home earlier worth it?

bacha29

Do you know if you have an accident while driving and you’re on your break, technically, you’re not on the clock and that could be a huge problem for you if Fedex chooses it to be?
Man, he's just asking for it. That time card is a legal document and on the basis of what he's saying he is willfully falsifying a legal document. That information has to be accessible to the U.S. Department of Labor and other such state and federal agencies.

Says he's a full time collage student probably another liberal arts major. Definitely not prelaw or he would have known that the feces would hit the rotating oscillator if some type of incident where to reveal a pattern of flagrant falsification time card records.

Whither

Scofflaw

"Ugh, can you believe it, Dad says that if I'm working I should get paid for it. The old heads just don't understand." :lol::lol:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don’t want to finish up a bit later. Why do I have to justify how I spend my time to you anyway?

You don't have to justify yourself to him or to anyone else on this anonymous Internet chat forum.

I actually agree with what you are doing.

Who cares what impact what you are doing may have on whomever takes over your route when you leave. That's their problem-----not yours.