Time off for court, new hires

Historian

Hello. I hope someone can help me out. I will be starting at ups soon, and shortly after my start date I have to go to court and be a witness at a trial. I hate to ask, but have no choice but to miss a few hours. Will ups hold that against me? I can provide documentation. Please advise

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Show your immediate sup the documentation, explain your situation and talk about it. It really is that easy folks. Sometimes guys here overplay the fear factor into UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello. I hope someone can help me out. I will be starting at ups soon, and shortly after my start date I have to go to court and be a witness at a trial. I hate to ask, but have no choice but to miss a few hours. Will ups hold that against me? I can provide documentation. Please advise

So, what happened. You’re not a snitch are you

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You a snitch bro??!

Historian

So, what happened. You’re not a snitch are you
No I'm not a snitch. I am a witness at a friends trial. I need time off to help a buddy out but at the same time I don't want it to look bad on me that I just walked through the door and need time off right away. Don't want to give the wrong impression.

Indecisi0n

No I'm not a snitch. I am a witness at a friends trial. I need time off to help a buddy out but at the same time I don't want it to look bad on me that I just walked through the door and need time off right away. Don't want to give the wrong impression.
Was your buddy sexually assulted?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Yeah ok whatever

Now back to the trial what happened?

john chesney

Just have the documentation. A guy I represented took off funeral leave for his grandmother and they called him in office to ask his grandmothers name to verify. When the supervisor asked him his grandmothers name he said grandma. It didn’t work out so well for him as his grandmother didn’t die