Time studies

mikestrek

Yea, I need a new time study on my route. Or don't we all?

ANYWAY PEOPLE. Off the subject. I know how to post a reply here but How do I post a new thread? Anybody?

Jim Kemp

Is that a picture of the I.E. Department? I guess that's why they never ride anymore. Couldn't get out the car.

B

brownbetch

i have seen in another thread(worthless) that u don't run bonus and don't care if u do..... why worry about time studies then????????????

CBUK

Last time study guy that came out with me fell out of the side door of my P80 because he didn't get out of my way quickly enough!:happy2:

Jim Kemp

i have seen in another thread(worthless) that u don't run bonus and don't care if u do..... why worry about time studies then????????????

I don't. No one in our ctr does. We have people 2+ hours over. They have drivers on rural rts with 150 -200 miles with 130-140 stops under 8 hour dispatch. Loads are horrible preloaders throw pkgs in any section, several misloads everyday. No pass no EDD. I spend 30 to 45 minutes per day reloading car. Preloader will throw 25 smalls up on top of each shelf behind larger pkgs. Single pkg. stops loaded in bulk stops. Could go on and on.
Sups won't do anything to them because they are afraid he will quit and they have a hard time replacing them.
How can you run bonus when you leave the bldg with the cards stacked against you? I am not a two hour over but I do run between one and one and a half hours over. When I started 30 years ago I could run an hour bonus easily(with a full hour lunch).
I would like to see some of the sups or people in I.E. perform up to the standards they set.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I do not believe time studies work in this area because of the variables that can and do occur as mentioned above. The same goes in my Govt job and has proven out through history that there are many variables that change...Statistics can be manipulated to prove anything you would like, but that does not make it a fact. If a time study person would like to ride with me thats fine, I just do my job as directed and let the cards fall where they may.

B

brownbetch

trplnk.......i went from running 1.5 to 2.5 hrs of bonus a day(before edd and the new time studies) to scratch and under "D"......I HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME ROUTE FOR 22 YEARS.....my route has'nt changed much. the more routes under "D"....THE MORE ROUTES BUSTED OUT......the better thier #s and still #s unatainable for us,the drivers,to reach!!!!!! i once had 232 stops,310 pcs dlvrd,and 25 p/u's (250 pcs) and it was a 7.40 hr dispatch......that use to be a 12.50 to 13.50 day!!!!!!!!! i really feel sorry for the guys with 10 years of and under with the company.you guys will be even more trashed by the time you have 20 yrs in......work safely....thats the only way you will last.