Time to go to work

Stun

We kept every guy but one after peak season and that's because he spent a week in jail. Half of our seasonals tend to quit before Christmas.

Yeah I can understand people quitting. They simply expect to get paid X amount of dollars to do "easy" work, but then get there and realize they actually have to haul ass and put effort in..

bowflex

I have been a reg temp driver at two hubs. Pay is OK, work sucks but on payday and a trip to the bar it all evens out. I am going to try another hub/state next peak. My last hub asked me to work inside after peak and I said no. This hub wants me to stay and already hired a regular temp full time before peak. I am staying under the radar because I dot want full time. My advice is find a desperate hub and you will most likely get a full-time position. My current hub is hiring new drivers on a regular and needs many more. Good luck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OK. A pay-rate question and out of two pages of comments, not one "Austin Powers" reply? You folks are slipping!

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
OK. A pay-rate question and out of two pages of comments, not one "Austin Powers" reply? You folks are slipping!

ngbbs504a72c3b8430.jpg

a970c20a24693c354d71cadb94184552ea222c841013de4eb44d6fc770e181fd.jpg

YellowSox

Hey ya'll. Wanted to start out by saying that 85% of what I have read on here and online has stated that UPS is awful. It sucks. I start very soon as a loader and unloader. I am going to go into the job with a huge work ethic, expecting it to SUCK. I am not expecting much out of it. My objective is to stick with the company and work up. It takes time, it takes a lot of work. I am just ready to get my foot in the door.

I know this forum has the reputation that many think the company sucks, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

IN all SERIOUSNESS I have a few questions-

What is the starting pay?

What is the average weight per box?

Do part timers get holiday pay if they work on a holiday (and what does UPS consider a holiday?).

AGAIN: I am expecting nothing in the first few months of this job. I expect it to SUCK but I am confident I can pull through as I have a great work ethic. UPS gives me the ability to at least work hard and get a good work out.

Wish me luck, we'll see how it goes.
your attitude with the job is going to make or break you. Stay positive and be productive member of the company and you will go far. Good luck!

Rainman

Its all good.
We on BC do complain a lot. But you don't see many of us leaving the company, either. It's not easy, a lot of time it's not fun. But the pay and benefits are hard to beat. It's not for everyone. But overall, it's a better opportunity than most other jobs you can get.
Continue your education, whether college or trade school. Even if you eventually decide to go full time here, you may decide a few years down the road that you want to do something different. At least that way you will have better options.
Attitude is everything. Be positive. Don't take things personally. 95% of the time when you run into negatives at brown, it's just the way the company operates, not someone having it in for you. Always CYA, follow the methods, and be honest. It's hard to get fired for screwing up on occasion-we all mess up occasionally. But lying about something will put you out the door right away.
Don't let other peoples negativity change you. Too many of us have been here a long time and we sometimes tend to get spoiled and forget what it's like outside of the company.
Good luck. I hope things work out for you.

Stun

Awesome to see the positive replies and the wishes for the best of luck. Thanks to all who gave me some insight on what to expect. I am not too worried about the seasonal thing because if I do my best and work to their expectations, I am sure I have a chance to be kept on. I will re-confirm again that I am expecting a long term position IF I meet their expectations during peak!

Thanks again folks

oldandcrabby

Awesome to see the positive replies and the wishes for the best of luck. Thanks to all who gave me some insight on what to expect. I am not too worried about the seasonal thing because if I do my best and work to their expectations, I am sure I have a chance to be kept on. I will re-confirm again that I am expecting a long term position IF I meet their expectations during peak!

Thanks again folks
This is how my son started out at UPS 13 years ago. With that being said he works hard and earns every single benefit and pay he receives from the company. One thing he has learned along the way is know your union contract.

Eye To Eye Contact.

Yes you should be getting paid About ten . Maybe eleven depending where you are . The boxes can weigh anywhree from 1 to 150 . Not really an average . Id there was i would say about 25 pounds , The job doesnt suck its just work .. Its gonna hurt your feet and your back . but hey if you come in expecting to to work youll be fine .. Of course people say it sucks . Cause its not a vacation . Its fast paced if your not sweating your not working . Good luck and welcome