Time to vote on the Ohio Rider again

Stonefish

Thank you

My turn. Do you think Hoffa is misleading the members by saying this? Sounds like he is saying your health care is a done deal. Live with it. No mention of the possibility to override the NMUPSA language in the Ohio Rider. He is telling the truth, but not the whole truth. Agree?[/quote]

When did Hoffa say this because I never heard him say that. However if he did I think he is telling the truth. Is it possible to do what you say sure. Is it ever going to happen NEVER. So if he did say it one could take it as being truthful.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It was a letter to everyone covered under the Ohio Rider. Do you not think that the president of a union would fight for what his members want? Hoffa only sees that "extra" healthcare money with which to line his pockets. I think he wants another jet.

Sent using BrownCafe App

QKRSTKR

Thank you

My turn. Do you think Hoffa is misleading the members by saying this? Sounds like he is saying your health care is a done deal. Live with it. No mention of the possibility to override the NMUPSA language in the Ohio Rider. He is telling the truth, but not the whole truth. Agree?[/quote]
Agree

upschuck

Do you not think that the president of a union would fight for what his members want?
Like any other elected official, he cares about the voting members most. Who are those members? by in large, they are FT'ers. With the added benefits for the FT'ers, he is looking out for his members.

Inthegame

It was a letter to everyone covered under the Ohio Rider. Do you not think that the president of a union would fight for what his members want? Hoffa only sees that "extra" healthcare money with which to line his pockets. I think he wants another jet.

Sent using BrownCafe App
And here I thought you had made some legitimate arguments with prior posts. What a shame. Just another misinformation spewing minion with no clue.
No jets junior, and not a penny of HC money gets anywhere near the IBT's treasury. And the saddest part of your foolish post is you know better. Thanks for helping out the cause.

Stonefish

Sent using BrownCafe App
Talk about outright lies. Wow I'm disappointed in you

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Talk about outright lies. Wow I'm disappointed in you

Yea, maybe the jet thing went a little too far. It was supposed to be just an exaggeration. But I cannot figure out why Hoffa wants this Ohio Rider passed so bad in total disregard of what the members want. I know he wants this contract settled, but if he listened to what we wanted, he could get our yes vote. He ain't listeneing.

Stonefish

Yea, maybe the jet thing went a little too far. It was supposed to be just an exaggeration. But I cannot figure out why Hoffa wants this Ohio Rider passed so bad in total disregard of what the members want. I know he wants this contract settled, but if he listened to what we wanted, he could get our yes vote. He ain't listeneing.

I know they are listening but you know as well as I do the healthcare and 17 I are not changing so what do we do next? He has nothing to gain by pissing people off so at some point you have to protect the livelihoods of 250,000 members. What would it take in your mind knowing those things aren't changing?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
And here I thought you had made some legitimate arguments with prior posts. What a shame. Just another misinformation spewing minion with no clue.
No jets junior, and not a penny of HC money gets anywhere near the IBT's treasury. And the saddest part of your foolish post is you know better. Thanks for helping out the cause.
Lol. You said it brother. You just schooled him.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
We want it to pass. We'll see if it does but you don't speak for all of Ohio.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know they are listening but you know as well as I do the healthcare and 17 I are not changing so what do we do next? He has nothing to gain by pissing people off so at some point you have to protect the livelihoods of 250,000 members. What would it take in your mind knowing those things aren't changing?

Good question. But has it even been brought up at the negotiating table. You say it will never happen. How do you know that. If UPS and Hoffa want this settled, it should be pretty easy. We, the members of the Ohio Rider should not be pissing anyone off. We are just trying to get what we feel we deserve. We are being put into an inferior healthcare plan than we have now, and UPS is making record profits. It makes no sense that we have to take concessions. If UPS was hurting like YRC, I'd be the first one to offer concessions to keep the company afloat and profitable. It has not come to that, and if it ever does, the concessions may be warranted. If the rest of you want to take concessions, so be it. Do not hate us for trying to get what we feel we deserve.

Local 89 has just started negotiating their air rider. I would say that we are months away from a settlement in Louisville, in my opinion. So the Ohio Rider is not holding anything up at the moment. I do feel for the employees that may have wanted to retire, but are in limbo about the $200/month pension increase. While the retro check keeps getting bigger, it is only what, $.70/hour. While it may help, I do not think it is affecting anyone's livelihood.

I have not heard of any shippers worried about a strike and diverting volume, anyone getting laid off due to the contract not being settled.

Basically, I would give up the 17i fight if we could just keep what we have now. No concessions. Teamcare is a concession. The rough math says Teamcare will cost me an additional $400 to $600 a year for years 1-4 and then an additional $200/year when the copay kicks in in year 5. While it is not an ungodly amount, it is still a concession for a company netting, I say again, netting, almost 5 billion dollars a year. There is also no guarantee that the benefits will remain at the levels that they are now. They can be changed at anytime and we have no recourse.

Forgive me for trying to stick up for what I feel we deserve. There will be no strike and the retro checks will come eventually.

Stonefish

Good question. But has it even been brought up at the negotiating table. You say it will never happen. How do you know that. If UPS and Hoffa want this settled, it should be pretty easy. We, the members of the Ohio Rider should not be pissing anyone off. We are just trying to get what we feel we deserve. We are being put into an inferior healthcare plan than we have now, and UPS is making record profits. It makes no sense that we have to take concessions. If UPS was hurting like YRC, I'd be the first one to offer concessions to keep the company afloat and profitable. It has not come to that, and if it ever does, the concessions may be warranted. If the rest of you want to take concessions, so be it. Do not hate us for trying to get what we feel we deserve.

Local 89 has just started negotiating their air rider. I would say that we are months away from a settlement in Louisville, in my opinion. So the Ohio Rider is not holding anything up at the moment. I do feel for the employees that may have wanted to retire, but are in limbo about the $200/month pension increase. While the retro check keeps getting bigger, it is only what, $.70/hour. While it may help, I do not think it is affecting anyone's livelihood.

I have not heard of any shippers worried about a strike and diverting volume, anyone getting laid off due to the contract not being settled.

Basically, I would give up the 17i fight if we could just keep what we have now. No concessions. Teamcare is a concession. The rough math says Teamcare will cost me an additional $400 to $600 a year for years 1-4 and then an additional $200/year when the copay kicks in in year 5. While it is not an ungodly amount, it is still a concession for a company netting, I say again, netting, almost 5 billion dollars a year. There is also no guarantee that the benefits will remain at the levels that they are now. They can be changed at anytime and we have no recourse.

Forgive me for trying to stick up for what I feel we deserve. There will be no strike and the retro checks will come eventually.

Read my post again let me know and I will respond I don't think you read it

browned out

Good job Ohio. Not one of the 100 or so people in my building feel u guys are holding anything up. Most say more power to you or. Thats what we should have done. Hold strong and vote informed, the improvements u get will help us all next contact.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Health care won't be changing as long as we continue to Vote NO!!!

Stonefish

Good job Ohio. Not one of the 100 or so people in my building feel u guys are holding anything up. Most say more power to you or. Thats what we should have done. Hold strong and vote informed, the improvements u get will help us all next contact.
Your coworkers don't feel the same as you in your post because they voted for it

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He doesn't fault you for being a steward and being against it why do you fault him

I don't fault him. I would just like him to tell us why we should vote yes, besides the fact that it has already been too long. I believe you know where I stand. You have seen all my arguments against it. The only thing I saw from him was vote yes.
We want it to pass. We'll see if it does but you don't speak for all of Ohio.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...ohio-rider-again.355013/page-10#ixzz2v9aN0ePV

browned out

Your coworkers don't feel the same as you in your post because they voted for it

It passed by a narrow margin the second time thru. This was due to misinformation or outright lies from Hoffa/Hall and our local that we would most likely strike if we voted it down again.
These are the same jokers that told us the first vote... "it aint gonna get any better; if you guys don't like it; you will be walking around picketing until your legs are stumps.

1st time it was hammered down.... Wow-- then somehow we got improvements over the first garbage deal.

The fear imposed by the local and the national union was too much for some people to see through.