Timecard for last week updated. No double time for black friday?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You guys go to work and make that money …I’ll be at camp, cutting fire wood , drinking beer , riding quads 😎

maybe you can buy another new big truck next year 🤣 you’ll impress everyone! 🤣🤣

🧔‍♂️✊

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I grossed $1,400 on Black Friday alone. They make it worth it to come in. If you want to stay home, that’s fine but don’t get mad at the guys that want that kind of payday.
You grossed so what, on that day. The hours you worked. What were the taxes?
I'm not talking about the holiday pay.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We’ve already payed enough taxes this year. My w4 is changed so now I pocket my earnings for the holidays. Whatever I work, I get payed. Take note.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Hours worked was still 4 figures, I’m not sure what you’re asking. The government got $650 out of a $3,500 check.

If it’s not worth it to you, I’m not going to argue with you. Family time is worth more than money but I don’t see the problem when someone wants to come in and pad their paycheck.

Ou812fu

I grossed $1,400 on Black Friday alone. They make it worth it to come in. If you want to stay home, that’s fine but don’t get mad at the guys that want that kind of payday.
They are complaining about no double time. If you don't show up. You wouldn't have the complaint of no double time..not to mention double time is a little low for a day that they so truly need us to be there. . No one shows up. They'd be forced to offer more.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No it isn't. It is taxed differently just like a vacation check that you sell back..
You obviously don't understand taxes. It would only change your tax liability if the increase bumped you into a higher tax bracket at years end.
Withholding is different animal.

Ou812fu

You obviously don't understand taxes. It would only change your tax liability if the increase bumped you into a higher tax bracket at years end.
Withholding is different animal.
So do you think that vacation payout checks are taxed the same?

Ou812fu

Going to be withheld at a higher rate because it shows an increase in income for that week. Would owe less or get a bigger return when income taxes are filed.
The first part true. Exactly what I said taxed more. The second part partially true. The extra money might push you into the bottom of the next tax bracket .

Ou812fu

Going to be withheld at a higher rate because it shows an increase in income for that week. Would owe less or get a bigger return when income taxes are filed.
So explain to me why. When ups cuts a green check. Why is it taxed different then a regular check?