Tip

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Was shocked as I got $75.00 from each of the drivers I load for, I ALWAYS write the HIN on every pkg, face labels out so all they have to do is go in order on the shelf, and then when they are ready to move 5-8,000 shelves forward, they are too in order, and most importantly, leave them room to get the handcart in and out NO MATTER WHAT. ..

Still shocked... lol
I am shocked as well. If you were my loader and you loaded like that with zero misloads, you'd get at least $100.00

JackStraw

Was shocked as I got $75.00 from each of the drivers I load for, I ALWAYS write the HIN on every pkg, face labels out so all they have to do is go in order on the shelf, and then when they are ready to move 5-8,000 shelves forward, they are too in order, and most importantly, leave them room to get the handcart in and out NO MATTER WHAT. ..

Still shocked... lol
Does anybody use the HIN number? I tell my loader not to waste your time. I have to look at the delivery label anyway. As long as the package is on the right shelf that's good enough for me.

Packmule

While we're at it let's tip the feeder drivers, the dispatcher and the center manager and sups.
Back when I ran a route that used a helper i gave them a tip because they were temps and most worked hard enough to earn more than they were ever paid.
Otherwise I never felt obligated to tip permanent employees any more than i expected them to tip me.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
All year i bring my loader breakfast,smokes and snacks. This year i gave him a carton of his brand of smokes and $50. The kid does a fantastic job and makes my life easier

oldngray

nowhere special
Back when there were load charts and streets would have the same sequence number every day the driver would pay more attention but since a HIN for a street changes every day few drivers look at them. It would always irritate me when a preloader would ask ne about a package and just say the HIN. I would ask what the address was and get a deer in the headlights expression every time. Loaders stopped reading addresses and had no clue what streets they were loading.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So why do they write them on the boxes? They're already on the pal label.
If packages are lip loaded onto a shelf...say the 5000 shelf. And neither the HIN# nor the PAL label are visible on these packages. Now....if I walk in with a package HIN#5500...how do I know which package to put this one next to on the shelf...to maintain proper PAL order?

oldngray

nowhere special
If packages are lip loaded onto a shelf...say the 5000 shelf. And neither the HIN# nor the PAL label are visible on these packages. Now....if I walk in with a package HIN#5500...how do I know which package to put this one next to on the shelf...to maintain proper PAL order?

Lip loading is another thing loaders aren't taught.

JackStraw

Oh. LOL. It's for you guys. You must be a pretty good loader dude. I'm just happy if it's on the right shelf. I hope your drivers appreciate you. Some can be very picky. It's hard loading 100 lbs of crap into a ten lb bag.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Easy. According to my loader you bury it on the left wheel well.

Cementups

Box Monkey
HIN #s are for loaders...not for drivers.

If it's written clearly and you know what it is, it's useful to the driver as well. My preloaded is awesome and writes the number on almost every box and I use it a lot to eye up my load and look for certain packages. But I was a preloader before I was a driver so I know what they are and what they are used for. It's not that hard to figure out but some drivers just don't care enough to pay attention.