Tips at Christmas

Thebrownstreak

I delivered to a shoe and boot store that is the big UGG store in the area. This guy sells somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 cases of those ugly boots from mid Nov-Jan 1. What they usually do is I get all my air stops off, and then drive right to the store. For about 3 weeks i average around 50-70 boxes a day. Needless to say that completely blows out the truck. The owner ever year so far has given me $200 the first 2 years and the last year I worked that route he gave me $500 b/c i set him up with another customer who had warehouse space. That year he doubled his sales from 1000 to 2000 cases of boots. It was brutal delivering all of those.

Most of my other customers are somewhere in the $20-$50 range. I have to say i hate when they give you $20 scratch off tickets. I'd rather the money than the chance of winning something more.

Marne Vet

All I get are splits for Christmas. I once got $40 about 5 years ago from a regular stop, but since I work in the ghetto I don't expect anything but grief normally. I also found a bank envelope with $140 in it one Christmas. No name, or receipt inside. Laying in a puddle I had to take each $20 out and dry them. That was a nice day. Oh yeah, got a split that day too. !@$!%@

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Since I have been on my route 18 years and have had regular everyday pickups at 25 customers I usually do very well.

My customers know I love Mountain Dew and Powerade. So I usually end up with 10 to 15 cases of each. I look funny when I use my dolly to wheel them out to my car.

Otherwise I get a lot of Scotch, Bourbon and Vodka and 500 to 1000 bucks cash.

cino321

They try.

I have keys to the majority of my pickups.
On Fridays they usually leave early so I can pick them up what ever order I want.

Customers that tip get preferential treatment from me.

Regardless of what management says.

Be careful with this. I've never accepted keys to anywhere I venture to throughout my work day.

Driver in my center had keys to an apartment building on his route, so he can DR inside the building. He gets rid of the packages, customers get their stuff, no harm no foul. Few years later, woman gets mugged and assaulted in the building, guess who was one of the first ones to get questioned by the police?

FilingBluesFL

woman gets mugged and assaulted in the building, guess who was one of the first ones to get questioned by the police?

I would assume @Indecisi0n would be on the top of the suspect list if it was a man that was assaulted...

$25 cash and a $15 Publix gift card thus far.

I leave cards at the people I know are very frequent receivers, and thank them for keeping me busy.

I appreciate their business because it keeps me off layoff, and that's good enough for me!

brostalss

I don't expect much or anything at all. I'm taken care of by my customers through out the year with food and lots and lots of water.

gingerkat

The driver I was with tonight got $1000. He was complaining that the man wouldn't stop talking to him. Wow, this driver was a real beauty. If a customer gives you even $5, I think a 5-10 minute talk is perfectly acceptable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The driver I was with tonight got $1000. He was complaining that the man wouldn't stop talking to him. Wow, this driver was a real beauty. If a customer gives you even $5, I think a 5-10 minute talk is perfectly acceptable.

A $1K tip and the driver wouldn't stop to talk to the man for just a minute?

scisector9

So first year driving at brown. I am a cover driver but have been on the same split route all peak.

What is the etiquette for tipping loader? On any given week I may be on 3 different routes normally so I don't know any loaders personally that well.

Keep in mind this guy here is only making 17.50.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So first year driving at brown. I am a cover driver but have been on the same split route all peak.

What is the etiquette for tipping loader? On any given week I may be on 3 different routes normally so I don't know any loaders personally that well.

Keep in mind this guy here is only making 17.50.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cover drivers are not obligated to tip their preloaders.

FilingBluesFL

My helper got a nice tip tonight...

Walked up to someones door, and the woman was in the kitchen doing her dishes topless

LOL I was sad I missed out :(