Tips for a Seasonal Employee

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I see that I was mistaken by saying that I will be a package handler because I thought that was the same thing as a delivery driver. I was hired to drive and deliver packages. I do not know if that changes how you all feel about this seasonal employees chances.

The oil field is dead right now and my experience is all on the drilling side. They aren't drilling right now. I gave up the oilfield. In one month it went from "we'll be working in the Bakken for the next ten years!" to heres your severance.

Well, Tron, your chances for staying as a driver are probably worse as a seasonal driver. That position is just as it's title indicates.

Maybe you will be called back as a package handler some time after the first of the year. It will all depend on the needs of the center.

If you feel you were dissed in this thread, you won't stand a chance at UPS. Most answers you got were truthful. And, you have to understand that those of us on here either work for UPS now, or have retired from UPS. This site is in no way affiliated with the company, and you should understand that we are giving you the brutal truth.

Good luck.

Oh, yeah. You should probably apologize to barnyard. He's one of the least trollish of the mods.

T

Turdferguson

Well, Tron, your chances for staying as a driver are probably worse as a seasonal driver. That position is just as it's title indicates.

Maybe you will be called back as a package handler some time after the first of the year. It will all depend on the needs of the center.

If you feel you were dissed in this thread, you won't stand a chance at UPS. Most answers you got were truthful. And, you have to understand that those of us on here either work for UPS now, or have retired from UPS. This site is in no way affiliated with the company, and you should understand that we are giving you the brutal truth.

Good luck.

Awwww look at you. Getting soft in your old age

Tron Swanson

Good luck.
I do understand that and thank you for the luck! The oilfield is kind of a rough environment, workplace ethics are about as common as a full set of teeth on a rig and I have been hazed and chewed out in ways I never thought possible lol! I don't feel dissed I just wish @barnyard would be my friend.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I do understand that and thank you for the luck! The oilfield is kind of a rough environment, workplace ethics are about as common as a full set of teeth on a rig and I have been hazed and chewed out in ways I never thought possible lol! I don't feel dissed I just wish @barnyard would be my friend.

You have to understand that every year about this time, we get inundated with newbies coming in and asking the same questions over and over again. Just read through some of the new posts for the last few days, and you'll see.

Nobody is wishing you ill will. It just gets old.

BTW, the same layoffs are happening here in the gas fields. You aren't alone.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
@barnyard I hope you accept my most sincere apology. I started this thread with the best of intentions and will understand if you deem it redundant.
Let me explain this; We beat the living carp(sic) out of each other on these forums but the second a non-upser comes in and starts stuff then we come together real quick and dispense justice quickly. Welcome to the club,now go get us drivers some popcorn so we can keep talking bad about you.

Tron Swanson

Let me explain this; We beat the living carp(sic) out of each other on these forums but the second a non-upser comes in and starts stuff then we come together real quick and dispense justice quickly. Welcome to the club,now go get us drivers some popcorn so we can keep talking bad about you.
Would you like extra butter?