Tips for Apartments?

I was sent out blind on an apartment route, my truck was stuffed so full i couldn't even go down the middle. I had to jungle gym to open the door because the truck they sent me out in had a broken handle on the back..figures right?

I ended up getting rid of that stuff first so i could actually try to organize, but seeing the 0+40, 0+50 ect on the diad was pretty intimidating.

I ended up having to get some help because i was not sure where all these apartments were and some of them had 3 sides per building with the numbers not making sense just made me lose alot of time. What tips do you guys have for apartment routes? I am a fairly new driver, less than a year so i have a feeling im going to be doing alot of routes blind.
Sent out blind or cold? There is a big difference.

Future

Victory Ride
Was being serious for the younger drivers .... if there is a office where u can deliver all the complexes stops .....take it as one stop .....do not record as individual stops .... sure way 2 get fired .... had a driver do that at a college campus ....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was sent out blind on an apartment route, my truck was stuffed so full i couldn't even go down the middle. I had to jungle gym to open the door because the truck they sent me out in had a broken handle on the back..figures right?

I ended up getting rid of that stuff first so i could actually try to organize, but seeing the 0+40, 0+50 ect on the diad was pretty intimidating.

I ended up having to get some help because i was not sure where all these apartments were and some of them had 3 sides per building with the numbers not making sense just made me lose alot of time. What tips do you guys have for apartment routes? I am a fairly new driver, less than a year so i have a feeling im going to be doing alot of routes blind.
I'm surprised they sent you out blind? Our snowflakes cry and moan about doing a route they don't know and the sups fold like a cheap suitcase.

sikidiki

You’re in for a very big surprise if you are worrying about this. “Couldn’t even go down the middle” hahahahahahahhaahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhahahaahahhahahyahahah

I worked peak i know how it is, was just saying it was one of those days.

I can't help but wonder why the broken door handle was not addressed prior to leaving the building. Breakdown time is some of the easiest money you will make. Not to mention it would have made your day less frustrating having a properly functioning rear door.

Its one of those centers where nothing gets fixed until it breaks down totally, like my truck did eventually that day, we still have a few manuals to get rid of and crush. Supposedly we are getting some new ones soon......lol

I'm surprised they sent you out blind? Our snowflakes cry and moan about doing a route they don't know and the sups fold like a cheap suitcase.

Since i live in this town i guess i know all the streets by address right? Nope. I had a hard time finding ones that had 3 different complexes in the same parking lot with 3 different addresses and no marked anything except the apartments themselves, so i looked on the packages and matched the apartment numbers and knocked on a few doors to ask to make sure. My sup said he was gonna not send me on a run like that again until im more comfortable, because when 4:30 popped up i had no clue who was business or who was resi.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I worked peak i know how it is, was just saying it was one of those days.

Its one of those centers where nothing gets fixed until it breaks down totally, like my truck did eventually that day, we still have a few manuals to get rid of and crush. Supposedly we are getting some new ones soon......lol

Since i live in this town i guess i know all the streets by address right? Nope. I had a hard time finding ones that had 3 different complexes in the same parking lot with 3 different addresses and no marked anything except the apartments themselves, so i looked on the packages and matched the apartment numbers and knocked on a few doors to ask to make sure. My sup said he was gonna not send me on a run like that again until im more comfortable, because when 4:30 popped up i had no clue who was business or who was resi.
Every route I learned back in the day was baptism by fire! Went out cold. It sucks, but that was being a split driver back then.

Hang in there.

barnyard

KTM rider
I try to add notes for buildings with special circumstances. Buildings on my route have the apt # for the manager and key codes for opening the door.
Assuming the OP is cover, as you come across those things, call the center and have the notes added for the address.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Leave it with the doorman....bunch of rookies.
Heh, some apartment buildings are set up like 2 -4 level condos ... I always aim for the leasing office first. Some has a map of the whole layout on the main entry & I take a picture of it.

Thank goodness I'm not a cover driver anymore. Bid on a route ASAP!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If it is a big complex and you wanna get it done fast just drop stuff and random doors. The people will be nice and bring it to the correct apartment and that will also help the people living in the apartments to become acquainted with one another