Tips for Apartments?

sikidiki

I was sent out blind on an apartment route, my truck was stuffed so full i couldn't even go down the middle. I had to jungle gym to open the door because the truck they sent me out in had a broken handle on the back..figures right?

I ended up getting rid of that stuff first so i could actually try to organize, but seeing the 0+40, 0+50 ect on the diad was pretty intimidating.

I ended up having to get some help because i was not sure where all these apartments were and some of them had 3 sides per building with the numbers not making sense just made me lose alot of time. What tips do you guys have for apartment routes? I am a fairly new driver, less than a year so i have a feeling im going to be doing alot of routes blind.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was sent out blind on an apartment route, my truck was stuffed so full i couldn't even go down the middle. I had to jungle gym to open the door because the truck they sent me out in had a broken handle on the back..figures right?

I ended up getting rid of that stuff first so i could actually try to organize, but seeing the 0+40, 0+50 ect on the diad was pretty intimidating.

I ended up having to get some help because i was not sure where all these apartments were and some of them had 3 sides per building with the numbers not making sense just made me lose alot of time. What tips do you guys have for apartment routes? I am a fairly new driver, less than a year so i have a feeling im going to be doing alot of routes blind.
Stop by the leasing office on the way in and ask for a map of the complex and whether or not they accept packages for not in residents. Usually you can figure out a pattern for how they number the apartments, sometimes it's just nonsense.

Other than that there's not really many shortcuts for getting area knowledge. They know you're gonna be slow when you're out blind don't sweat it.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You’re in for a very big surprise if you are worrying about this. “Couldn’t even go down the middle” hahahahahahahhaahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhahahaahahhahahyahahah

Box Ox

top by the leasing office on the way in and ask for a map of the complex and whether or not they accept packages for not in residents.

This. In some cases a cover driver might find that the bid driver has an arrangement with the leasing office to just leave everything there. Driver can be on his/her way and nobody gets AP'd.

Future

Victory Ride
This. In some cases a cover driver might find that the bid driver has an arrangement with the leasing office to just leave everything there. Driver can be on his/her way and nobody gets AP'd.
Be sure to record this as a single stop....for the multiple apartments

What'dyabringmetoday???

I can't help but wonder why the broken door handle was not addressed prior to leaving the building. Breakdown time is some of the easiest money you will make. Not to mention it would have made your day less frustrating having a properly functioning rear door.

Heavy Package

Just have a PVD meet you on road to take all the apartments off of you. Problem solved!

box-duct-taped-to-roof-of-car.jpg

Future

Victory Ride
Seems like most drivers close the door(s) prior to leaving. Not picking a fight. Generally, there are a lot of drivers in a rush. I think that causes some "oversight".
I give it a once over in the yard .... flashers ....directionals ....etc .... honestly I don’t check if the rear door is opening properly ... I close it and chain it

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I ended up having to get some help because i was not sure where all these apartments were and some of them had 3 sides per building with the numbers not making sense just made me lose alot of time

Talk to someone in your building that's delivered to those particular apartments. Always make an actual attempt at the units. Don't just dump everything at the office (if the accept for their residents)