Tips for avoiding injury

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lift weights (seriously building muscle protects your joints and evens out any imbalances)

Stretch throughout day (I do quick yoga poses or stretches in between stops all day. You can also do pullups or hangs off the shelves)

Sleep (always get your 8 no matter what)

Hydrate

Avoid sugar and too much alcohol

Stress management (I do conscious breath control all day)

Fish oil

Creatine

ZMA at night (zinc magnesium aspartate b6)

Cold showers (Google benefits)

Adequate fat and protein intake

Basically make a priority out of caring for your body and mind. Inflammation in the body (cells and tissues) is the cause of all illness and overuse injury. Keeping inflammation low is the key to longevity.

I've heard these claims about inflammation causing disease. I tried reading more about it, but everything I come across sounds like pseudo-science. Inflammation is a symptom, not a cause. It is part of the body's natural response to injury, whether caused by physical trauma or infectious foreign bodies, etc.

There isn't some substance known as inflammation that invades our bodies and causes illness or injury.

Dumbo

I've heard these claims about inflammation causing disease. I tried reading more about it, but everything I come across sounds like pseudo-science. Inflammation is a symptom, not a cause. It is part of the body's natural response to injury, whether caused by physical trauma or infectious foreign bodies, etc.

There isn't some substance known as inflammation that invades our bodies and causes illness or injury.

Look for articles on inflammation at the cellular level. Here is one actual study
Inflammatory responses and inflammation-associated diseases in organs

Inflammation at the cellular level truly is the cause of all disease.

always thought you carried a purse
Screenshot_20200202-093449.png

Hope this helps..

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Look for articles on inflammation at the cellular level. Here is one actual study
Inflammatory responses and inflammation-associated diseases in organs

Inflammation at the cellular level truly is the cause of all disease.

The very first paragraph of the abstract of that study:

"Inflammation is a biological response of the immune system that can be triggered by a variety of factors, including pathogens, damaged cells and toxic compounds. These factors may induce acute and/or chronic inflammatory responses in the heart, pancreas, liver, kidney, lung, brain, intestinal tract and reproductive system..."

Almost exactly what I said. Inflammation is a response to the things that cause disease, not the cause itself.

From the Introduction:

"Inflammation is the immune system's response to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, damaged cells, toxic compounds, or irradiation [1], and acts by removing injurious stimuli and initiating the healing process [2]. Inflammation is therefore a defense mechanism that is vital to health [3]. Usually, during acute inflammatory responses, cellular and molecular events and interactions efficiently minimize impending injury or infection. This mitigation process contributes to restoration of tissue homeostasis and resolution of the acute inflammation."

This next part is the meat of what you are talking about, but it doesn't mean what you think it means:

"However, uncontrolled acute inflammation may become chronic, contributing to a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases."

Uncontrolled acute inflammation contributes to a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases, it doesn't cause all disease. And acute inflammation doesn't just happen, it is a response to a stimuli, which would be seen as the root cause of the disease. At the cellular level, you are looking at pathogens and toxic substances (such as heavy metals) as the actual cause of the disease. The inflammation becomes chronic due to regular exposure to harmful substances, or the body's own inability to resolve the problem.

Dumbo

The very first paragraph of the abstract of that study:

"Inflammation is a biological response of the immune system that can be triggered by a variety of factors, including pathogens, damaged cells and toxic compounds. These factors may induce acute and/or chronic inflammatory responses in the heart, pancreas, liver, kidney, lung, brain, intestinal tract and reproductive system..."

Almost exactly what I said. Inflammation is a response to the things that cause disease, not the cause itself.

From the Introduction:

"Inflammation is the immune system's response to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, damaged cells, toxic compounds, or irradiation [1], and acts by removing injurious stimuli and initiating the healing process [2]. Inflammation is therefore a defense mechanism that is vital to health [3]. Usually, during acute inflammatory responses, cellular and molecular events and interactions efficiently minimize impending injury or infection. This mitigation process contributes to restoration of tissue homeostasis and resolution of the acute inflammation."

This next part is the meat of what you are talking about, but it doesn't mean what you think it means:

"However, uncontrolled acute inflammation may become chronic, contributing to a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases."

Uncontrolled acute inflammation contributes to a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases, it doesn't cause all disease. And acute inflammation doesn't just happen, it is a response to a stimuli, which would be seen as the root cause of the disease. At the cellular level, you are looking at pathogens and toxic substances (such as heavy metals) as the actual cause of the disease. The inflammation becomes chronic due to regular exposure to harmful substances, or the body's own inability to resolve the problem.

Wow definitely give you credit for reading the article and formulating an reasonable intelligent response.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I see it this way.
All my problems are UPS' fault.
If they didn't pay me so much then I would not have had all the money to buy so much beer, which I needed to numb my body & mind , so that I could keep repeating this cycle. ( get drunk , stay drunk, work, and repeat daily )