Tips for Panel (as on topic as possible)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
A buddy of mine has a hearing at panel in a short while. He's heard all sorts of advice, some that seems sound, some that seems insane. I've never been, but was looking for advice from any who have gone and won and why do you think you won? I can't get into specifics of the firing, just an FYI.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A buddy of mine has a hearing at panel in a short while. He's heard all sorts of advice, some that seems sound, some that seems insane. I've never been, but was looking for advice from any who have gone and won and why do you think you won? I can't get into specifics of the firing, just an FYI.

What did he do?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Be humble, be truthful, and don't be afraid of silence (don't talk too much )

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What did he do?

IMG_1864.PNG

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This is not relevant to the discussion.

Tell him/her to sit there and say as little as possible. Answer their questions directly without embellishment. Swallow your pride as you are not there because you are employee of the month-----you are there fighting for your job.

It was a joke, as for the rest you took 40 words to say what I said in the next post in 13.

oldngray

nowhere special
So much goes on behind the scenes. About all you can do is show up, be honest, and hope for the best.

A little groveling might not hurt though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So much goes on behind the scenes. About all you can do is show up, be honest, and hope for the best.

A little groveling might not hurt though.

9 times out of 10 the decision has been made before the panel convenes. Trades are quite common.

I would the only thing that may change their (panel members) mind(s) is if the hourly fails to show up for his/her hearing, especially if they were leaning on giving them their job back.

oldngray

nowhere special
9 times out of 10 the decision has been made before the panel convenes. Trades are quite common.

I would the only thing that may change their (panel members) mind(s) is if the hourly fails to show up for his/her hearing, especially if they were leaning on giving them their job back.

Its not right that your future might depend on a back door deal involving other cases and out of your control but it does happen.

I agree the decision is usually already made in advance. I doubt you can do much to help your case at the point so you should make sure you don't make things worse.