Possibility of UPS selling small package to Amazon?

shalang

This has been floating around my building since Tome came into power, specifically small package. She invested her own money into the company right when she got in, which makes it seem even more of a coincidence.

However I've been hearing it circulate even more now due to the strike. Anyone see this as a possibility or has heard about this? If it did, I'm guessing the union would be gutted out while they still keep the logo. The shareholders would also be the winners due to the merger.

If possible that is scary indeed knowing the amount of money Bezo's (or rather Amazon) has at their disposal.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
However I've been hearing it circulate even more now due to the strike. Anyone see this as a possibility or has heard about this? If it did, I'm guessing the union would be gutted out while they still keep the logo.

Nope.

Section 3. Transfer of Company Title or Interest

This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their successors, administrators, executors and assigns.
In the event an entire operation, or portion thereof, or rights only, are sold, leased, transferred or taken over by sale,
transfer, lease, assignment, receivership or bankruptcy proceedings, such operation or use of
such rights shall continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, for the life thereof.

People should read the contract.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Edit...

BuG posted the language

Plus it would cause issues in their other non union buildings

So, no... the union does not just go away because a non union company acquires them, and for that reason amount many others amazon would have zero interest in UPS

shalang

Edit...

BuG posted the language

Plus it would cause issues in their other non union buildings

So, no... the union does not just go away because a non union company acquires them, and for that reason amount many others amazon would have zero interest in UPS
Nope.

This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their successors, administrators, executors and assigns.
In the event an entire operation, or portion thereof, or rights only, are sold, leased, transferred or taken over by sale,
transfer, lease, assignment, receivership or bankruptcy proceedings, such operation or use of
such rights shall continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, for the life thereof.

Thank you guys for lessening some of my worries during this time. Will pass this information off to the guys in the hub who were also wondering.

Does this apply if the contact isnt ratified by July 31st? Thats where I'm confused.

Thank you!

Satuirus2000

Where do people even come up with these ideas. Tin foil hats man.
Seriously. Last contract or two back we had a poster that said UPS was going to close Worldport(you know, only the biggest Hub in the country) and just use it for storage. I don't know what it is about these contracts that just breed the most nonsensical crap that people come up with.

ManInBrown

Nope.

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell this would ever happen but it clearly says for the life of the contract. 2018-2023. What happens if and when the contract expires with no new deal?

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell this would ever happen but it clearly says for the life of the contract. 2018-2023. What happens if and when the contract expires with no new deal?
The union has to be recognized and they are legally obligated to negotiate. Terms of the sale, that's why no one would want to buy it.

anonymous23456

The only way for UPS to wipe out the Union is to fire every Union worker and lose some billions.