tips tricks in the diad to get faster?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When you put your time for lunch in the board, actually take it.

When you sort your truck in the morning before PCM, make sure you are punched in.

After you do both of those things, you will be much faster and the numbers really won't matter. One more point, the numbers are not recognized by the contract so stop worrying about numbers and do things right.

Mr Shifter

If you ask one of the clerks they'll let you take a spare diad home and practice with it. Just make sure it's 100 percent charged because not easy charging at home. ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

stortiz1

I have been on as a seasonal driver for two weeks and have been on several different routes. Long term drivers seem to have the same underlying theme... Sense of urgency and safety during driving. I have been told to calm my anxiety and think. Diad speed will come. I have studied my ass of the diad made easy hand outs but like the poster above says... the continual repetition will condition your brain to become faster.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What are those "numbers" though???

There is a operations report which is printed each day that shows your performance the previous day. Everything that you do throughout the day works out to a dispatch time, which is how long it should have taken you. If you do it faster that is called being under. If you do it slower that is called being over. If you do it the same that is called running scratch. The goal is to run scratch or better while working safely and taking care of the customers.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Numbers? Numbers? We don't need no stinking numbers.
the-treasure-of-the-sierra-madre-stinking-badges.jpg

Funtimes

Thanks for all info

I run a in town route with not many pickups so I'm always seem to be about 2.5 hours over.

Plus we unload and sort the and put everything on our cars ourselves so I think those 2.5 hours goes against us to

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for all info

I run a in town route with not many pickups so I'm always seem to be about 2.5 hours over.

Plus we unload and sort the and put everything on our cars ourselves so I think those 2.5 hours goes against us to

You unload and then reload a pkg car that was already loaded? No wonder you are 2.5 hours over. There are no DIAD tricks that can fix stupid.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You unload and then reload a pkg car that was already loaded? No wonder you are 2.5 hours over. There are no DIAD tricks that can fix stupid.
He may be talking about a driver sort and load. We did for years and there are a few operations like that left. No misloads and everybody was home at a decent time.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Unless you are on a satellite route, reloading your truck is not helpful, although most of us understand why you might think so.
Aside from that you need to know that the allowances are subject to be quite unfair and misleading and not in your favor.
Use the methods, get as smooth as you can with your work routine, and don't focus on their numbers.
As for the diad, I find that I am better using the shift key instead of the touch screen. It's not really faster, it's
just less aggravating.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Hold down the yellow button, on the side of the diad, and have the customer speak their name into the stylus. You'd be surprised by how much time you can crush using this little known method.