tired of thr bs

Bad Gas!

And once you puss your BA off from going behind there back you will burn bridges there. You only live once and have to look after number 1, so go for it. Even if you fail, this shouldn't ever happen again. The senior list should be updated each year at least.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And once you puss your BA off from going behind there back you will burn bridges there.

Oh yeah.

You only live once and have to look after number 1, so go for it. Even if you fail, this shouldn't ever happen again.

All the more reason, to stay on top of things and never assume anything.

The senior list should be updated each year at least.

"Center seniority lists, by date of hire, shall be posted on the center bulletin board, by the Employer, and shall be revised and updated quarterly. If an employee protests the accuracy of his/her dates and the accuracy can be verified by proper documentation the date will be changed to the appropriate date."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

This is the Central Region language.

I'm sure his supplement has language addressing this.

OP, what supplement are you under ? I'll look it up for you.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bug, I can assure you that our seniority list(s) (FT and PT) are not updated on a quarterly basis. I can also assure you that they are updated more frequently than every 15 years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug, I can assure you that our seniority list(s) (FT and PT) are not updated on a quarterly basis. I can also assure you that they are updated more frequently than every 15 years.

Just for fun.... I've perused most of the major supplements.

I believe this is summation of yours.

"A list of employees, arranged in order of their seniority, shall be posted in a conspicuous place at their place of employment."

"Any controversy over the seniority standing of any employee on the seniority list shall be submitted to the grievance procedure."

"The employer agrees to provide updated seniority lists on a quarterly basis upon the written request of the local union."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/upstateny-07102014_0.pdf

This is why, I struggle to understand the OP's situation.

-Bug-

Tony Q

My issue is i did CPU work after being trained for years 1995 I Filed grievance and it was won at the panel 2000. Company never posted seniority roster until 2015 they had no idea when my seniority date actually was after post several inncorect seniority rosters they gave me a seniority date of when a vacancy occured. I found this grievance I won after they gave me seniority of 2007. I wrote new grievance asking that my senority date be changed to the date of panel decision 2000. At a pre hearing company to point of order because they had already settled it. So at panel I would not be able to address the prevuois panel awarded me in 2000. Basically not giving me opportunity to explain it at the panel. I don't know what else to do. I would gain 7 years seniority but company won't revisit my seniority issue.
You can always dispute your seniority date. First have the company put in an inquiry then if this doesn't work take it to the grievance procedure.

BigBrown1234

Is there away to make a. Complaint to next level of union rep above your local reps

You don’t necessarily have to file a NLRB, ULP against the union. You said you had a decision, yet seems like the company is not following through. You can file a NLRB charge against the company for not complying.

Daf

While it is correct that the company doesn’t HAVE TO revisit this issue, whatever happened to trying to make things right?!?!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I really hope this is just about bidding an opening and does not have to do with this guy's retirement and/or pension!

Upstate, I thought you had retired and left. Thought that is why Brown Cafe has been a much better place these past few weeks!