Tissues, Crayons, Therapy Dogs, Safe Spaces,

oldngray

nowhere special
Not his , lol , they'd fall right out !!

Are you sure?

19a6368a.jpg

LeadBelly

Banned
As a 32 year teamster and 27 as a package driver for big brown I am confused. What happened to close the door and just go. Shined shoes and haircuts have taken a back seat as well. Clean pressed uniform...huh? A fair days work for a fair days pay is and was a easy, agreed upon standard. So by posting a few replies to the shooting yesterday I am wondering what happened to the drivers? How could one possibly blame this on overtime? The fact is this guy shot hourly employees. Not a peep about that from the new generation of drivers. Hear a lot of how hard it is at UPS. Well for $30+ an hour plus benefits plus pension plus 8 WEEKS of vacation. For that you should have to work hard. And 'Orion destroyed my time allowance.' No, you're talking too much or massaging packages or your methods suck. Or how about treating a sup with respect and talking a problem out? It's not a 8-5 job. Never has been and never will be. So add into your center budget all the things required to make sure the safe spaces are in place and absolutely no trigger warnings will be spoken. So you will get 4 new package cars instead of 5 and no new hand trucks either. For those of you 80's hires you will remember when you were fired for rolling stops, 3+ accidents and goodbye. Yet somehow myself and lots of drivers were able to tough it out. Amazing? not really just a driver who showed up and did his job. Bad days happen and good days happen at UPS
Please read some of the replies from the detractors and compare them to the bottom 10% of your center. These are the guys who give you problems. Always have a excuse. 'Your ojs ride was unfair 'cause it was a light day, no bulk', 'You opened doors for me'
'traffic was light' 'normally these elevators take longer'. Need to hear more? Naaa. Because some one reading this heard it this morning already. Technology = progress=increased production. No I couldn't do 160 delivery stops on 50 liners as quickly as I can with a diad 4. Less time sheeting means more stops per car. Difficult concept to understand apparently. Had some bad and a lot of good sups. Got along with everyone of them by simple mutual respect. As a long time shop steward I can say I NEVER saw a driver accused of something they weren't guilty of. I repeat NEVER. And all this posted by driver who never skipped a lunch or a break. No write-ups, zero problems. So please take a look at the "old drivers" and take note: Never hear from them all day, no accidents, injuries, complaints. Yet somehow taking pride in our jobs, appearance, safety record, driving record, is derided. Well thank you all for allowing a driver to set the record straight.

With all do respect you are a maroon.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
As a 32 year teamster and 27 as a package driver for big brown I am confused. What happened to close the door and just go. Shined shoes and haircuts have taken a back seat as well. Clean pressed uniform...huh? A fair days work for a fair days pay is and was a easy, agreed upon standard. So by posting a few replies to the shooting yesterday I am wondering what happened to the drivers? How could one possibly blame this on overtime? The fact is this guy shot hourly employees. Not a peep about that from the new generation of drivers. Hear a lot of how hard it is at UPS. Well for $30+ an hour plus benefits plus pension plus 8 WEEKS of vacation. For that you should have to work hard. And 'Orion destroyed my time allowance.' No, you're talking too much or massaging packages or your methods suck. Or how about treating a sup with respect and talking a problem out? It's not a 8-5 job. Never has been and never will be. So add into your center budget all the things required to make sure the safe spaces are in place and absolutely no trigger warnings will be spoken. So you will get 4 new package cars instead of 5 and no new hand trucks either. For those of you 80's hires you will remember when you were fired for rolling stops, 3+ accidents and goodbye. Yet somehow myself and lots of drivers were able to tough it out. Amazing? not really just a driver who showed up and did his job. Bad days happen and good days happen at UPS
Please read some of the replies from the detractors and compare them to the bottom 10% of your center. These are the guys who give you problems. Always have a excuse. 'Your ojs ride was unfair 'cause it was a light day, no bulk', 'You opened doors for me'
'traffic was light' 'normally these elevators take longer'. Need to hear more? Naaa. Because some one reading this heard it this morning already. Technology = progress=increased production. No I couldn't do 160 delivery stops on 50 liners as quickly as I can with a diad 4. Less time sheeting means more stops per car. Difficult concept to understand apparently. Had some bad and a lot of good sups. Got along with everyone of them by simple mutual respect. As a long time shop steward I can say I NEVER saw a driver accused of something they weren't guilty of. I repeat NEVER. And all this posted by driver who never skipped a lunch or a break. No write-ups, zero problems. So please take a look at the "old drivers" and take note: Never hear from them all day, no accidents, injuries, complaints. Yet somehow taking pride in our jobs, appearance, safety record, driving record, is derided. Well thank you all for allowing a driver to set the record straight.

Paragraphs man. Paragraphs.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Y U so mad Bro?

Box Ox

Drive nearly 2 football fields to turn around and that's considered backing first. We work for idiots.

I've had plenty of backs with forward motion much shorter than that which didn't register as back firsts. Feels to me like the distance that registers depends on the truck and/or route I'm running.