tnt question??

Hello Captain America; Browniehound and Moreluck.
Nowadays TNT is Dutch, DHL is German. Germany = Bundesrepubliek, Holland = the Netherlands.
We do have two provinces (Zuid- and Noord Holland) [South and North], but Holland and the Netherlands are two names for the same country as you stated.
The only remark that is new to me is the Woodland-part.

When confused, just ask a regular "cheesehead" from the Netherlands / Holland :-)

Regards
I grew up in a predominately German ancestor related community. In those parts, I always heard Dutchmen were Germans with their brains knocked out. Now I never really believed that, just took it as a nationality interpersonal conflict.

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
Well what we are hearing here in the UK is that in Jan 2008, UPS upped their sharehold of TNT to 55%, this was confirmed in the Financial Times in January. However we don't actually sit on the board so to speak, we ar a silent shareholder. So even if FedEx do buy, they will only be able to get 45% of the company so won't actually be able to do anything with the company. Maybe they just want the 45% to stop UPS acquiring anymore.

As for DHL they are a pain the the :censored2: for UPS in the UK and Europe. Their account executivies are going around to DHL and UPS customers telling them that DHL is help out UPS by giving them their US volume and traffic.....we just point the customers in the direction of the news section on DHL's website.

On the Express Package side of DHL they are losing money had over fist. They have released a new tariff which they are basically giving away money and free shipments for international packages. It is only DHL's Freight arm of the business that is making money and they are using the freight money to support the express side of the company. DHL are on a very very slippery slope.

There are rumers in the UK that UPS is looking at Deutche Post as they want to dump DHL as it is a loss maker.

We have already had indication that the next acqusition is coming after the UK domestic carrier Lynx Express that is now fully acquired and intergrated.

It will either be another UK domestic carrier Business Post or it will be TNT. UPS want TNT for their EU customer base, Eurpoean road network and infrastructure that they have in Europe.

Lets watch this space....

david cassin

dublinbrown
i didn't know ups had a stake in tnt.most of the tnt drivers if not all are all owner drivers.they have a good road transport operation throughout europe which would complment ups's,i can't see where fedex would get the 10 billion to buy a a stake in tnt.
as for dhl,ups could have bought them back in 1988/89 they were one vote away from buying only for they were buying the name as all dhls trucks ,buildings etc were and probably still are leased.
ups should have bought danzas/asg out years ago for the road & airfreight operations.:happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well what we are hearing here in the UK is that in Jan 2008, UPS upped their sharehold of TNT to 55%, this was confirmed in the Financial Times in January. However we don't actually sit on the board so to speak, we ar a silent shareholder. So even if FedEx do buy, they will only be able to get 45% of the company so won't actually be able to do anything with the company. Maybe they just want the 45% to stop UPS acquiring anymore.

As for DHL they are a pain the the :censored2: for UPS in the UK and Europe. Their account executivies are going around to DHL and UPS customers telling them that DHL is help out UPS by giving them their US volume and traffic.....we just point the customers in the direction of the news section on DHL's website.

On the Express Package side of DHL they are losing money had over fist. They have released a new tariff which they are basically giving away money and free shipments for international packages. It is only DHL's Freight arm of the business that is making money and they are using the freight money to support the express side of the company. DHL are on a very very slippery slope.

There are rumers in the UK that UPS is looking at Deutche Post as they want to dump DHL as it is a loss maker.

We have already had indication that the next acqusition is coming after the UK domestic carrier Lynx Express that is now fully acquired and intergrated.

It will either be another UK domestic carrier Business Post or it will be TNT. UPS want TNT for their EU customer base, Eurpoean road network and infrastructure that they have in Europe.

Lets watch this space....

thanks for the info. I think your right, ups is probably looking at buying tnt or dhl in the future. I think that ups flying their freight here in the us could be the start of that but some on here think that will never happen for whatever reason.

IF ups was to by out DHLs USA operations it would be interesting to see how that might change our daily routine. It could open the door to UPS having an Air only segment using DHL air hubs, retrained employees and re-furbished equipment. Or it could simply just move DHLs volume to to our already heavy ladened work loads. We can't get our air volume processed in a timely manner now, how could we take on DHLs without major restructuring of our system? IMHO, late air is one of our biggest black eyes that darkens our previous standing with our customers, we can't afford to just compound the problem with more volume.