To all my haters...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upload_2019-12-8_13-13-38.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have always felt that corporate safety culture is fundamentally flawed. There is never a good argument against pushing the safety bar one step further, if you believe safety is the top priority. When I first started, they made parkers start wearing safety vests. I thought to myself that the drivers were in just as much danger in the yard as the parkers, why not make them wear vests? Ten years ago it might have caused a revolt, now it is accepted.

When I went to driver training, I was told to honk at workers near the road wearing safety vests, because safety vests make people complacent. I was also told that we don't have back up beeps because they make people complacent, but we must honk. How does honking versus beeping change the dynamics of the situation at all? In my opinion, it ties up a hand every few seconds that I need for turning the wheel, and distracts me from paying attention to what is going on around me.

I like Mike Rowe's take on workplace safety, he seems to have the right idea.

OFF THE WALL: Safety Third Conversation Continues

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have always felt that corporate safety culture is fundamentally flawed. There is never a good argument against pushing the safety bar one step further, if you believe safety is the top priority. When I first started, they made parkers start wearing safety vests. I thought to myself that the drivers were in just as much danger in the yard as the parkers, why not make them wear vests? Ten years ago it might have caused a revolt, now it is accepted.

When I went to driver training, I was told to honk at workers near the road wearing safety vests, because safety vests make people complacent. I was also told that we don't have back up beeps because they make people complacent, but we must honk. How does honking versus beeping change the dynamics of the situation at all? In my opinion, it ties up a hand every few seconds that I need for turning the wheel, and distracts me from paying attention to what is going on around me.

I think he makes valid points as well.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don’t get it.
It's suggesting that you and quad decade are having an intimate relationship together because of your shared passion and that you should rent a hotel room so you can have gay sex together in private without anyone back home suspecting anything.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It's suggesting that you and quad decade are having an intimate relationship together because of your shared passion and that you should rent a hotel room so you can have gay sex together in private without anyone back home suspecting anything.
It’s getting hot in here all of a sudden.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
About my double spacing: easier for me to proof read

I like your double spacing. It's edgy, I'm a triple space kinda guy and for you to just say, friend* it, I don't need three lines to proofread like Scooby does, reeks of a non-conformist, aggressive attitude.

Keep on being you

BottomFeeder909

All of these distractions and actions are just polluting to a more complacent environment.

True risk and hazard should be clearly identified by an unusual circumstance or situation, such as if a driver is backing up he turns on his four ways,if a driver is moving forward his headlights are on, if a driver is parked he has his parking lights on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you are accurate then I would have to reject this suggestion. This is not something I would be interested in doing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
About my double spacing: easier for me to proof read(yes I try). Simple. Don't like it?

Don't read it. Scroll on. Easy.

About sentences and the way they are displayed in final form. That's done by the Brown

Cafe app. I don't have a lot of time as I work 14 hrs. a day. You don't understand how

little I care about what you think about my writing skills. Really. I don't have time.

Again, too hard to read-don't.

My posts are more of a reflection of thoughts as they might be in a safety meeting

or other conversation, don't care if they aren't perfectly grammatical. Belittling, deriding

and hating won't change anything on my end. I do think it tells a lot about who you

really are.

In the end, I would hope that replies and the time expended, would go towards

finding root causes and solutions for fatalities and accident/incidents.

4B75F904-EE98-4328-B06F-D8A066FCFAD5.gif

FFC038B0-F34A-46FF-8FFB-F3666460565F.gif