To Keep Up With Inflation

Red Headed Stranger

I believe there was an early proposal in 2018 from the Union side for a (two men and a truck concept) for delivering irregulars and over 70's, it somehow morphed into those hated 22.4's positions.
I've said many times before they would do better to take anything over 70 lbs./irregulars/bulk deliveries and assign it to 2 workers on one large box truck every day. Yes, the radius they would cover would be large, but it would make the days much better for individual drivers, less overcrowding on package cars, and probably result in far fewer work-related injuries.

Emergency Conditions

I've said many times before they would do better to take anything over 70 lbs./irregulars/bulk deliveries and assign it to 2 workers on one large box truck every day. Yes, the radius they would cover would be large, but it would make the days much better for individual drivers, less overcrowding on package cars, and probably result in far fewer work-related injuries.
Article 44 already addresses over 70s and lays the groundwork for what you're talking about. Article 44 sounds good on paper but in practice is obviously very impractical and unrealistic the way it's currently written.