To Keep Up With Inflation

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
These threads crack me up. $50 starting plus raises. Also PTers start at $22 plus raise and catch up raises. Oh yeah and no more 22.4s and raise them up to $50 also. No PVDs! Oh and make all pensions equal and pay 5k a month.

Hey while you're at it... throw in AC and you got a deal! :)

Surely...you jest...:rolleyes:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
$20 for every irreg I deliver because Brown is trying to hurt a mfer with those lately.

I believe there was an early proposal in 2018 from the Union side for a (two men and a truck concept) for delivering irregulars and over 70's, it somehow morphed into those hated 22.4's positions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope.Total BS. Having a sweaty back isn't presentable in front of customers.

Also memory seats. When we punch in, they should automatically adjust to our profile.
We keep this up and the "memory seat" is when we "remember" having a job!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hopefully people realized I was joking. 🙂
Anyway, you know darn well these fool split drivers would play with the seat all day until they successfully break the thing, locking it in the most uncomfortable setting imaginable.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

These threads crack me up. $50 starting plus raises. Also PTers start at $22 plus raise and catch up raises. Oh yeah and no more 22.4s and raise them up to $50 also. No PVDs! Oh and make all pensions equal and pay 5k a month.

Hey while you're at it... throw in AC and you got a deal! :)
And can I get a hot tub?!?!

100%

I agree it needs to be a significant bump right away to get to the purchasing power we had before 2 years ago. The COLA increase last year was a joke.

There's no way we're getting that significant of a raise right away. Not even sure we'll be at $50 by the end of next contract. Hope we are though.

I'm in MA and they're trying to get the minimum wage to $20/hr. We'd have to be at least $60/hr to adjust to that.
First time? You don’t ask them for what you want. We have to take what’s ours. Get a back bone, my man. 😀

100%

Inflation is up 6%

so to keep up with just inflation (not to be rewarded for work and expertise in helping make UPS the most profitable its ever been over the course of the last contract)....you take your wage and multiply by 1.06. I think the company would jump and run to sign that contract proposal.

inflation is expect to slowly decrease to 4% by year's end--but it rose from Dec and Jan (to Feb which reflects the current information). Negotiating just on inflation is dumb as it doesn't reflect what the workers have done to make the last contract the most profitable ever for UPS.

PS....actually heated/ventilated seating is a smart solution to a heating/cooling need on a truck that takes frequent stops with doors opening making AC difficult to implement. Surface losses to outside ambient temperature are slower than air losses. It's common sense...but the retrofitting costs on current equipment---better chance of getting 365 pairs of UPS branded socks paid for per person.
Inflation isn’t going anywhere. We just dealt with over 7 years of inflation, it doesn’t get reversed to even out. It’s here. They’re wanting just 2% from where we are now.

Over70irregs

Inflation isn’t going anywhere. We just dealt with over 7 years of inflation, it doesn’t get reversed to even out. It’s here. They’re wanting just 2% from where we are now.
Prices are not going down. Gas and home prices fluctuate. Everything else is on a northern trajectory. 2% inflation is a joking fantasy. It sounds nice though.