To keep your lunchbox cold

stink219

I use the ice machine at work before I leave. A few pounds in a DR bag, then in my cooler. I have ice all day and it stays ice cold even on a 100 degree day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I freeze water bottles so they are cold longer. What type of cooler do you use? I use a playmate and the trouble is the top isn't insulated.

​Someone build me a insulated cover with blue freezing gel on the inside, for use with a playmate cooler. The top can be a V-shape to fit under the lid. Million $ idea?

STFXG

I use two Roadpro 7 quart 12v travel coolers with a frozen water bottle in each. One for drinks and one for food. They aren't strong enough to make something cold, but they will maintain the temp of whatever you put in there. Really cold with the added frozen bottles...

Tiny Panda

I have a commercial truck fridge, keeps a steady 2 degrees all day. The new trucks also have special paint on the roof to reflect the sun.

sigreq

I always found that stopping at a air-conditioned resturant in the summer (or even a fast food joint) was a sure fire way to enjoy a meal that was just right temperature wise. I can't remember packing a lunch once in 30 years.

Amen brother

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. My lunch box is liquid only. I'd rather grab lunch as my cravings change everyday.

We have a driver who told us he spends $14/day on lunch and snacks. We did the math for him and it worked out to $280/month. My car payment is $275. This is why I brown bag it. I normally spend $0/day as I take my break at home.

stink219

Same here. My lunch box is liquid only. I'd rather grab lunch as my cravings change everyday.

We have a driver who told us he spends $14/day on lunch and snacks. We did the math for him and it worked out to $280/month. My car payment is $275. This is why I brown bag it. I normally spend $0/day as I take my break at home.
Impossible, you must spend something on food even if its in your home (a point but mean it as a joke).
I know there are larger costs involved by buying lunch everyday. But my lunch spots only charge me peanuts considering I deliver to them. A $5 foot long at Subway only casts me $3 as an example. Once it gets real hot, I'm living on salads mostly. But you did bring up a great point of showing the kid about projected costs. I do the reverse with people who don't take their lunch time break at all.