To: The Most Honorable BUG Question from your Video

WTFm8

Most new hires, when you consider bonus, are making $15 to $20/hr right now. Most will quit if they go down to $13/hr.

No production or on-time bonus at my building. 40ish routes daily with 55ish trucks so we’re not super small. They’re paying inside $11/hr to start and supervisors are breathing down peoples necks wondering why there’s missloads with huge stack-outs loading 3-4 trucks at a time holding drivers up 5-20 minutes occasionally.

Supervisors are constantly working preload/local sort/shuttling. A handfull file grievances for it nearly daily.

Starting back at peak the 3 local hubs (30-40 min away each) same local started paying $14/hr and it really pissed people off at my building.

F

Frankie's Friend

To be clear, the term garbage wasnt aimed at @BigUnionGuy personally, it was aimed at the idea that the membership (that cares) is not informed and their "cause" is precipitated from that base.
When you have representation that blatantly lies about adverse language instead of taking the time to explain why things were negotiated this way it adds fuel to the dissent.
We got no answers to pertinent questions.

We did our due diligence to understand. At this point the leadership has let us down, not the other way around.

I never asked for a raise. I asked that surepost issues be defined and teeth be put into the violation of subcontracting.

So what did the union's first offer say (via strikeouts?) "Get rid of surepost all together".

We went from that to this:
20180804_082329.jpg

No definition and no defined penalty for violating the language.

Stopping the violations would put more pkg car drivers on the road every day, if there was a monetary penalty.

The BA said it would be a help to the members as proposed.
How is that going to help us dude? Just another lie.

Dont blame some of the membership for turning against this TA. We're not all ignorant and overpaid crybabies.

If I had an attorney that said he'd fight for me and then sided with the other party in court I'd fire him and call the bar association. We have little recourse except to vote against blatant negative language.

Many of us on here will be retired prior to the end of this TA. Why should we care about those Teamsters who will follow us?
Because we believe that teamsters and all union members are having to circle the wagons these days and we either stand up against poor representation and corp greed now or face more setbacks in times of less prosperity.

Future

Victory Ride
To be clear, the term garbage wasnt aimed at @BigUnionGuy personally, it was aimed at the idea that the membership (that cares) is not informed and their "cause" is precipitated from that base.
When you have representation that blatantly lies about adverse language instead of taking the time to explain why things were negotiated this way it adds fuel to the dissent.
We got no answers to pertinent questions.

We did our due diligence to understand. At this point the leadership has let us down, not the other way around.

I never asked for a raise. I asked that surepost issues be defined and teeth be put into the violation of subcontracting.

So what did the union's first offer say (via strikeouts?) "Get rid of surepost all together".

We went from that to this:
View attachment 210619

No definition and no defined penalty for violating the language.

Stopping the violations would put more pkg car drivers on the road every day, if there was a monetary penalty.

The BA said it would be a help to the members as proposed.
How is that going to help us dude? Just another lie.

Dont blame some of the membership for turning against this TA. We're not all ignorant and overpaid crybabies.

If I had an attorney that said he'd fight for me and then sided with the other party in court I'd fire him and call the bar association. We have little recourse except to vote against blatant negative language.

Many of us on here will be retired prior to the end of this TA. Why should we care about those Teamsters who will follow us?
Because we believe that teamsters and all union members are having to circle the wagons these days and we either stand up against poor representation and corp greed now or face more setbacks in times of less prosperity.
Very well put ...