To the yes voters.

upswife75

Well then I'm not your honey either. Last time I checked, I didn't put a ring on your finger. So I guess we are even. First, friend*#**# IPad. Sweat heart. What the hell. Second, I have laid asphalt, in the desert over seas. Also all the jobs you are posting, the workers pace them selves. If not they will be out of work. Being laid off all the time. This job is like a Turbo with out a waste gate. The also Don't work as many hours as we do. This is the only job where in package you have to file a 8 hour request to get a 8 hour day. If you don't want the overtime. That's ok we will let some one else have it or just do it tomorrow. With us, just do it until it is done. Then you file and then comes the harassment. You have a valid point if you are on the out side looking in. If you haven't worked any of these jobs. Then it's easy to say we are we make to much or we don't deserve what we have.

o.0 I never called you honey, darlin. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever calling anyone on here honey, especially since it's not generally a term I use. Regardless, you obviously missed my movie reference with the "I ain't your sweetheart, pal." comment. Oh well. Oh, and before you comment on me calling you darlin, I was being facetious. ;)

Not once did I say that UPSers don't deserve what you make or that you make too much. I simply said that there wouldn't be support from the general public, some of whom are doing pretty hard jobs themselves and not getting paid even close to what you make. That was all. You turned it into some type of "I work harder than everyone else" type pissing match. Yeah, you work hard. So do plenty of others and they aren't getting paid $32/hr to do so, hence my saying they won't really feel sorry for UPSers if they strike. Sorry you were too busy petting that chip on your shoulder to read the point of my post.

balland chain

If the union striked, I wouldn't support it.

Ok, so if the Union did go on strike to increase your pay and benefits, and you would not support it, does that mean that you would not accept the possible higher pay and better benefits ? Or are you saying you would not support us fighting for these, but you would gladly have your hands out to take what we fought for?

o.0 I never called you honey, darlin. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever calling anyone on here honey, especially since it's not generally a term I use. Regardless, you obviously missed my movie reference with the "I ain't your sweetheart, pal." comment. Oh well. Oh, and before you comment on me calling you darlin, I was being facetious. ;)

Not once did I say that UPSers don't deserve what you make or that you make too much. I simply said that there wouldn't be support from the general public, some of whom are doing pretty hard jobs themselves and not getting paid even close to what you make. That was all. You turned it into some type of "I work harder than everyone else" type pissing match. Yeah, you work hard. So do plenty of others and they aren't getting paid $32/hr to do so, hence my saying they won't really feel sorry for UPSers if they strike. Sorry you were too busy petting that chip on your shoulder to read the point of my post.
I know you didn't, but you where thinking it. I argue with women all day. Women are the worst and biggest liars.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Ok, so if the Union did go on strike to increase your pay and benefits, and you would not support it, does that mean that you would not accept the possible higher pay and better benefits ? Or are you saying you would not support us fighting for these, but you would gladly have your hands out to take what we fought for?

Here's a thought: If I the union got me less than I have now, would I be equally satisfied if they got me more? Of course not.
If the comapny makes large profits and I insist on a share, why do I not give something back when the profits aren't so fat?
Where do the "I work hard and the company benefited by me being here" and the "Management is poor and we lost money" lines cross?

In my opinion, we shouldn't expect the same as every other year simply because we show up and work hard. There's more to it than that.

upswife75

Wow...With that said, it is quite clear I am wasting my time. I don't discuss things with people who make blanket, sexist comments. Have a great day.

Also, East coast navy. Could you please do me a favor and teach that mind reading trick you seem to think you possess to my husband, so I won't have to explain to him so much what it is I'm thinking. Yeah, that would be great.

BrownBrokeDown

Yes, in a heartbeat and wouldn't take any "scab" crap off of anyone. I am and will always be my own man.

And that is why the teamsters will fall apart in the future. And then UPS will hold our nuts in their hands and squeeze anytime they feel like it. That kind of attitude is why 50 years from now UPSers will be looking at FedEx as the dream job in this industry.
:sad-very:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
And that is why the teamsters will fall apart in the future. And then UPS will hold our nuts in their hands and squeeze anytime they feel like it. That kind of attitude is why 50 years from now UPSers will be looking at FedEx as the dream job in this industry.
:sad-very:

Look a little harder for the reason the teamsters are falling apart. If you can.