To the yes voters.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think the right to work state they would read the contract and know it suck and would vote NO, but that is a good thing they don't have a say. and management would probably tell them they would lose their jobs if they vote no

I think know you what say about work to right states but uninformed you are.

upswife75

Listen sweat Heart. I've worked in a kitchen, landscaping, car mechanic, on a air craft carrier and construction (civilian and military). This is by far the hardest and worst job to do. If it weren't for the pay, pension and benefits, I would have went some were else. That's the only reason why we stay and work so hard. If they take that away, Ups will start to decline. Ever see a FedEx driver move as fast as we do? No!! That's because the don't make what we make. You keep your employees happy you will make more money.

That is your opinion. Have you ever been a roofer in Florida? Have you ever laid asphalt in Florida? Spent all day, every day spraying creosote on fence boards in Florida? Yes, UPSers work their :censored2: off, but they do not own the market on hard work.

Also, "I ain't your sweetheart, pal." (Or your sweat heart, for that matter. What the hell is a sweat heart, anyway? Sounds kinda gross. If your heart is sweating, might need to see a doctor about that.) ;)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
"Striked" does not work on the context of his post.

Oh yes, it does. Just not in the way YOU use the language, or may have been taught to use it. That assumes your teacher knew what they were talking about and that you went to school, or were adequately home schooled.

The OED entry for strike linked to by Radagasty gives a few examples of striked. The latest one from 1596:
1596 THOMASIUS Dict. (1606), Moretum, A kinde of pudding; also any thing that may be striked, as butter.​
In the meaning:
4. To smear (soap, blood, etc.) on a surface; also to spread (a surface) with (something); to coat (a surface) over with oil, a wash, etc. Obs.
It also says the following:
weak forms 4 striked, 4-6 stryked,​
I think the numbers refer to the meanings in which the forms occurred.

Striked also appears in a Dictionary of Middle English:
(c) to spread (garnish or seasoning) on prepared food; spread (a medicinal
preparation on a cloth); ben striked, of a street: be strewn (with flowers);​
Anyway, striked is still correct, depending upon whose dictionary you choose.

As to the examples of preterite and past participle in the meaning to refuse to work, there are also some:
1793 G. DYER Compl. Poor People Eng. 74 The poor..seldom strike, as it is called, without good reason... The colliers had struck for more wages.
1801 Times 3 Aug., A number of Journeymen Biscuit-bakers..struck from their work for an increase of wages. 1840 Civil Engin. & Arch. Jrnl. III. 32/2 They ‘struck’, as it is termed, because their employer infringed, as they considered, upon their privileges.​
Actually almost all of them in this entry illustrate the past tense/past participe use of strike, whereas I was using it in present tense.
However, it is interesting to analyse the first and third examples, where struck is followed by an explanation. I am wondering if this hints at the use of word that may not have yet been well established.

That is your opinion. Have you ever been a roofer in Florida? Have you ever laid asphalt in Florida? Spent all day, every day spraying creosote on fence boards in Florida? Yes, UPSers work their :censored2: off, but they do not own the market on hard work.

Also, "I ain't your sweetheart, pal." (Or your sweat heart, for that matter. What the hell is a sweat heart, anyway? Sounds kinda gross. If your heart is sweating, might need to see a doctor about that.) ;)
Wtf is a sweatheart??

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I haven't done any of that stuff, but have laid a lot of pipe in Florida.

Well then I'm not your honey either. Last time I checked, I didn't put a ring on your finger. So I guess we are even. First, friend*#**# IPad. Sweat heart. What the hell. Second, I have laid asphalt, in the desert over seas. Also all the jobs you are posting, the workers pace them selves. If not they will be out of work. Being laid off all the time. This job is like a Turbo with out a waste gate. The also Don't work as many hours as we do. This is the only job where in package you have to file a 8 hour request to get a 8 hour day. If you don't want the overtime. That's ok we will let some one else have it or just do it tomorrow. With us, just do it until it is done. Then you file and then comes the harassment. You have a valid point if you are on the out side looking in. If you haven't worked any of these jobs. Then it's easy to say we are we make to much or we don't deserve what we have.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Well then I'm not your honey either. Last time I checked, I didn't put a ring on your finger. So I guess we are even. First, friend*#**# IPad. Sweat heart. What the hell. Second, I have laid asphalt, in the desert over seas. Also all the jobs you are posting, the workers pace them selves. If not they will be out of work. Being laid off all the time. This job is like a Turbo with out a waste gate. The also Don't work as many hours as we do. This is the only job where in package you have to file a 8 hour request to get a 8 hour day. If you don't want the overtime. That's ok we will let some one else have it or just do it tomorrow. With us, just do it until it is done. Then you file and then comes the harassment. You have a valid point if you are on the out side looking in. If you haven't worked any of these jobs. Then it's easy to say we are we make to much or we don't deserve what we have.

I will say I was thinking about landscapers and roofers and the like the other day. These people usually start work around 5 am when it gets really hot and are done around noon.

Our boss was telling us the other day about how they are going to try and keep us out of the heat some this year. Please tell me how!!!!!! We work thru the hottest part of the day no matter how u slice it. Sure u can take your hour break when it's really hot (which I do all the time anyway) but sometimes it just makes it feel that much hotter when u get back out there.

twoweeled

If that's what is really happen. Ups will let the investors break the company down. This is on of the reasons that Jim Casey let the union in. He knew that the company name would go under by week employees and management harassment. This type of crap kills company's. I'm not saying to go on strike on every contract. But we shouldn't take first offer either.

I'm with you. We will not go on strike because we don't accept their first offer. that is borderline silly. There will be the tough talk and threats (probably from our union). But there is NO DOUBT, that they will sweeten the deal. The question is, how much will they sweeten it? We would probably have to refuse more than once. But once, that we refuse an offer, would not bring a strike in.