Today in UPS training I learned...

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
  1. If you want to know at what time your shift really starts, ask your supervisor.
  2. If you want to figure out why your paycheck is incorrect, ask your sup.
  3. If you want to know why there's virtually no HR department, ask your sup.
  4. If anything goes wrong, ask your sup.
  5. If you need to pee, ask your sup.
  6. Damaged box? Leaker? No more boxes for you to handle? Sup, sup sup.
  7. If your sup is unavailable, ask another sup!
  8. If you finally feel like quitting, please try to at least let your sup know on your way out the door.
I'm feeling pretty good about starting preload at my hub right before Prime day (=

nkm

You sup don't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Trust me, I figured this out by just taking a walk around the warehouse on day one. About the only management that has any common sense at my hub is my shift's HR rep, go figure.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Trust me, I figured this out by just taking a walk around the warehouse on day one. About the only management that has any common sense at my hub is my shift's HR rep, go figure.
Don't trust that lying bastard no further than you can throw em

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
  1. If you want to know at what time your shift really starts, ask your supervisor.
  8. If you finally feel like quitting, please try to at least let your sup know on your way out the door.
I'm feeling pretty good about starting preload at my hub right before Prime day (=
1. Consult the contract for when it is appropriate for them to adjust your start times. Unless you are battling a warning letter, you can effectively come in any time you would like between the two.
2. ask nicely day 1 file day 2 if it is not corrected,
3. Local HR and their respective toe-in for training was eliminated since carol tome took office, the grievance panel is HR
4. You may be obligated through past practice to tell your supervisor about potential service failures but otherwise you follow the methods and turn the music up louder.
5. NO
6. YES
7. That means you get to spend your sweet, sweet time trying to find other supervisors, it's free money.
8. Just quit then, but I would advice most inside employees with 3 years seniority or so to tough it out just a year or two longer to earn a small slice of the pension before they leave.

1. Consult the contract for when it is appropriate for them to adjust your start times. Unless you are battling a warning letter, you can effectively come in any time you would like between the two.
2. ask nicely day 1 file day 2 if it is not corrected,
3. Local HR and their respective toe-in for training was eliminated since carol tome took office, the grievance panel is HR
4. You may be obligated through past practice to tell your supervisor about potential service failures but otherwise you follow the methods and turn the music up louder.
5. NO
6. YES
7. That means you get to spend your sweet, sweet time trying to find other supervisors, it's free money.
8. Just quit then, but I would advice most inside employees with 3 years seniority or so to tough it out just a year or two longer to earn a small slice of the pension before they leave.
You need at least 5 years to earn a pension And if you're under 21 years of age they do not paying into your pension

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You have to ask your support permission to use the can to

trickpony1

9. If your supervisor doesn't know, he'll make something up.
10. Your supervisor will tell you anything he thinks you're stupid enough to believe.

Hope this helps.

nkm

9. If your supervisor doesn't know, he'll make something up.
10. Your supervisor willl tell you anything he thinks your stupid enough to believe.

Hope this helps.
This is definitely helpful and also having been through a few bureaucracies, believe me, I am already on the lookout for this.

trickpony1

I am already on the lookout for this.
Be on the lookout for when they make "human errors" on your paycheck.
Sadly there really isn't much you can do because "rockin' the boat" before you "make book" or gain seniority could get you fired for no reason.

Hope this helps.

J.D. Hogg

1. Sup can tell you the next day's start time and tell you to come in to work, but even that doesn't mean you'll be working the next day. It's common for new hires to be told they aren't needed about an hour (or less) before the shift starts. (Sometimes you walk into the building, and then they tell you to go home.)
  2. Sups have nothing to do with paychecks. Talk to your office person.
  3. Sups have nothing to do with HR.
  4. When something goes wrong, ask a long-time co-worker to help you.
  5. If you need to use the restroom, just tell the nearest co-worker where you're going and go.
  6. If you're sorting, damaged stuff probably goes on a specific belt. Ask person next to you which one.
  7. Ask a co-worker before a sup.
  8. Don't give up!
Always remember that supervisors -- no matter how friendly they are -- are not your friends, and they will smile, look you directly in the eyes and LIE TO YOU.