Today

AKCoverMan

For some reason our center chose not to pull known closed off car during preload. Saw 100 peice bulk stop that driver had to scan CLH on road.

I did a route to a town about an hour away, fortunately I could walk thru it in AM. Spent majority of day driving from empty parking lot ton empty parking lot sheeting CLH and drawing service crosses.

Then on way back had to help a rookie on a downtown route in city who was fairly overwhelmed with CLH send agains. End result close to 11 hr$.

I noticed walking out that preload was not starting very early Monday. But there are a cluster friend of send agains on every car. I foresee a late start and a long day Monday. I'll be happy to be wrong!

Geo926

For some reason our center chose not to pull known closed off car during preload. Saw 100 peice bulk stop that driver had to scan CLH on road.

Wow I'm surprised that even had him scan all of them CLH. They were just telling us to bring them back and they would scan at the hub as they didn't want a ton of send agains.

asphaltcowboy

Our center cut 15 routes not sure what the other center did we have 2 in one building. I punched out at 2130 seemed like everyone else was doing the same its like everyone has a 12 hr plan or 13 for the break skippers. No 8 hr requests were honored haha

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I noticed walking out that preload was not starting very early Monday. But there are a cluster friend of send agains on every car. I foresee a late start and a long day Monday. I'll be happy to be wrong!

The only good news is that there was not much shipped on Friday. Most businesses were closed.

Your inbound preload trailers should be pretty light and most of the residential was delivered Friday.

Should only have send again and fairly light new volume.

AKCoverMan

The only good news is that there was not much shipped on Friday. Most businesses were closed.

Your inbound preload trailers should be pretty light and most of the residential was delivered Friday.

Should only have send again and fairly light new volume.
Most of our volume here in The Last Frontier takes longer than 1 day in transit to get here. Monday we get ground that shipped early last week and 2DA that shipped on Thursday.

NDA and intrastate ground will be light I'm sure but I doubt it will make up for the abnormally high send again rate on Friday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Most of our volume here in The Last Frontier takes longer than 1 day in transit to get here. Monday we get ground that shipped early last week and 2DA that shipped on Thursday.

NDA and intrastate ground will be light I'm sure but I doubt it will make up for the abnormally high send again rate on Friday.

Yes, most areas will not get much, or anything, that usually gets to your center in 1 day. What, around 400 miles or so. This should lighten the inbounds pretty good.

But you being in the Last Frontier, the exception, not the rule, may very well get dorked pretty bad.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No. It would be something you can file for. The person with more seniority has the right to work over a lesser but also has the right to not work over a lesser.

Start from the top down. Do you want to work today?

His choice, yes or no.

Go down the list and repeat until you have the drivers you need or are having to just tell the rest you cannot have the day off and must work.

AKCoverMan

Yes, most areas will not get much, or anything, that usually gets to your center in 1 day. What, around 400 miles or so. This should lighten the inbounds pretty good.

But you being in the Last Frontier, the exception, not the rule, may very well get dorked pretty bad.

Yep we have exactly three feeder runs per day in the state. Everything else comes by air.