Today

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
no one filled out a closure sheet for this route so my day has been wasted driving boxes around
Would you rather drive boxes around, or have 4 full routes crammed into one truck? Closure sheets are what the company uses to justify cutting an insane number of routes. I never fill them out. If my truck is half full of closed stops, all it means is that I will get done in time to go help some poor schmuck who got hit with a 14 hour dispatch.

norcalbrown

Off next week, worked this week. On 9.5 list. I could use OT money, I'm just not willing to kill myself for it. Peak is enough murder for me, delivering in the dark, missing my family, bad weather (though I can't really complain). WE control the work we do. Do your best and get paid. Simple. Faster is not safer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would you rather drive boxes around, or have 4 full routes crammed into one truck? Closure sheets are what the company uses to justify cutting an insane number of routes. I never fill them out. If my truck is half full of closed stops, all it means is that I will get done in time to go help some poor schmuck who got hit with a 14 hour dispatch.

Work smarter, not harder.

NDPPH----Net Delivered Pieces Per Hour
CLO-H are not included in that metric.

We get crucified if we sheet a closed bulk stop of 5 packages or more as CLO-H.

I saw my cover driver on Friday. He thanked me for turning in as complete a closings list as I could. He had 2 stops that he couldn't get rid of. In return he assured me he would make sure to refuel on his way in.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I didnt fill out any closure sheet aside from marking scheduled pickups closed in the diad so my center used historical data instead.

iowa boy

I got talked to about only having 4 known closed on the satellite route I covered. Told bosses that its not my route but was told to get as many as possible. Got as many as I cared to get, (which wasn't many), but found out Friday that 75 percent of what I turned in as known closed was still on car, including pickups. Made it a point to work as I was taught and drove to every pickup to sheet as closed.

Ended up working 12 hours, (and drove 320 miles), because with all the technology we have at our disposal to monitor us drivers, we still cant figure out how to put closed stops into our dispatch computer.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

Work smarter, not harder.

NDPPH----Net Delivered Pieces Per Hour
CLO-H are not included in that metric.

We get crucified if we sheet a closed bulk stop of 5 packages or more as CLO-H.

I saw my cover driver on Friday. He thanked me for turning in as complete a closings list as I could. He had 2 stops that he couldn't get rid of. In return he assured me he would make sure to refuel on his way in.
Shouldn't the cover driver refuel your vehicle for you anyway? That's common practice here.