Today's PCM: You will be fired....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
On Thursday we had a 20 year employee fired for what you described. He has never had a warning letter or suspension. To make things even better he just found out that his wife is pregnant with their 3rd child.
That is sad...hopefully he'll get his job back....along with the 2 from my center.

Ouch

On Thursday a 20 year employee fired for what you described. He has never had a warning letter or suspension. To make things even better he just found out that his wife is pregnant with their 3rd child.
That should be considered a paid vacation. That shoul be and automatic back pay check.

browniehound

Um....no actually it's not, as I already explained to you in another thread. It is a loading aid for LOADERS NOT DRIVERS.

But okay Dave, I'll bite. If I have a package for your truck...HIN# is 3650. I take the box to the 3000 shelf..and see 9 packages already on that shelf...but I can't see the HIN #'s for any of them. How can I properly load the package #3650 without moving (or touching) at least two previous loaded packages on that shelf to determine PAL order? You know better....so tell me Dave....I'd really like to know!
The alternative is I glance at the shelf...scan the HINs and quickly place the package next to 3700. Done.
It sounds like writing the HIN#s on packages will actually save the pre-loader time. Using this method he won't have to touch any of the other packages more than once. If he has to move a package to look at the PAL to find where to load the one he has in his hand it's more time than glancing at a package with a HIN# written in crayon on it.

You might say it takes extra time to write the HIN# in crayon on the parcel. I would say if you write it as you're walking into the truck it wouldn't take any extra time.

By The Book

Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Train them right from the beginning and hold them accountable works every time.
Lets get that number down to 5, then to 0. Then I will consider them properly trained.

By The Book

It sounds like writing the HIN#s on packages will actually save the pre-loader time. Using this method he won't have to touch any of the other packages more than once. If he has to move a package to look at the PAL to find where to load the one he has in his hand it's more time than glancing at a package with a HIN# written in crayon on it.

You might say it takes extra time to write the HIN# in crayon on the parcel. I would say if you write it as you're walking into the truck it wouldn't take any extra time.
What is number 4 on the 5 keys to preventing slips and falls?, and number 2 as well.

PT Car Washer

Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Train them right from the beginning and hold them accountable works every time.
Is that less then 10 misloads a day per loader or driver? A lot of our preloaders have less then 10 a day. Some 10 per driver. My preload does not peel and stick. Write numbers with crayons sometimes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is that less then 10 misloads a day per loader or driver? A lot of our preloaders have less then 10 a day. Some 10 per driver. My preload does not peel and stick. Write numbers with crayons sometimes.
10 misloads per loader a day is a ton. I maybe get 2 or 3 a week....usually spa errors.

PT Car Washer

I think we are allowed 20 per center. Or maybe it's 20 for the two centers. Anyway we will have 40 or more a day. Running misloads is easy money but gets to be a grind at times. Anybody looking for a new pre load manager? Off SPA's don't count as misloads.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What happens to mgmt when they pull a wc, and pull that one and another, I am told to search my whole truck, when I could not find it, which I did at 1031, and its not there, its sitting in front of the cms office....Nothing happens. Customer refused it when called at 2pm.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Out of sync SPAs are most certainly misloads.

Resident know-it-all.
It's a gray area. If I have a good loader I sheet it up as nsn as that number doesn't exist in my area and loaders are supposed to go by the PAL. The people who spa the packages and put the wrong label on the wrong box are to blame.
Now, if I have a loader who doesn't give a damn and loads the truck with a snowblower then I don't extend that courtesy.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not in my building. Misloads are the preloaders fault. Off SPA's are the SPA Queens fault. It is a distinction without a difference I agree. Seems to make a big difference on if we make service or not.
It also makes a big difference in my building on whether you get written up or not. We will not get written up for spa errors that result in a misload.