Told by safety lady to pick a "snake" up off the floor and throw it out

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
i'd kill to have this be my problem with management instead of what i have do deal with every other week to just get paid correctly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Refused to do so. Said thats not my job. Maybe you can do it. Said she will have me disciplined for not following directions tommorow (this was ar the end of shift). And the snake is what I think she called it. Those white straps that go around the packages. Seen them on the bowflexes.

You need to step up your game....

1628783877619.png

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You *. Picked up snakes is Union work. No way in hell should she done it. Quit being such a p-u-ss-a-y
That's what I was thinking...Only because doing simple little things like this has resulted in a grievance that begins a chain of events that (sometimes) neither side wants to concede; goes downhill from there.

OR..............

There is more to the story that the OP has left out!!!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Refused to do so. Said thats not my job. Maybe you can do it. Said she will have me disciplined for not following directions tommorow (this was ar the end of shift). And the snake is what I think she called it. Those white straps that go around the packages. Seen them on the bowflexes.
Failure to work as directed and job abandonment.

You'd better hope that they allowed lower seniority people to go home first without asking, cause otherwise, you stepped in it but good.

Why on earth wouldn't you just throw it away?
Always WAD.

542thruNthru

Uh no.

He obviously knew exactly what she was talking about.

Now, the question is: Was he insubordinate? Deliberately? And all that means.
He was obviously confused. He has a fear of snakes and when she said "pick up that snake" he was unable to think properly and couldn't help but hallucinate a real snake on the floor.