Tomorow 9/10

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, Sep 9, 2018.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

will be the first day at top rate. I finally made it.. 7 years PT loading 4 years Ft driving now. Ahh. Finally

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Congrats, man. I hit top rate in June. I'd highly recommend saving as much as you can in your retirement accounts. I put away 15%. Pay yourself first with that big paycheck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Crank up that 401k son!

And congratulations

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Time for a brand new pickup truck!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Go buy one, you cheap Bastard

6. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

I don't buy plastic cars

7. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

If a guy working here can stay out of the car lots and invest a car payment monthly you can probably retire with a million bucks.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Keep driving your 1973 rust bucket....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Nothing wrong with having a new dependable vehicle, you just don't need a 50k vehicle

10. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Cars and trucks are about the worst things to waste money on, I doubt that I will ever buy a new one again. Boats are even worse, unless you live on or near water in my opinion. I've lived through the hot rod and boats stages, they are just expensive toys. Too big of a house is a mistake also. Stick more in your 401K, you won't miss it and will retire better.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

My 2004 has lots of new parts and runs great. Hoping it'll go for another 10 years. If I get 5 more I'll probably be happy.

12. I've had too many older vehicles with lots of new parts. Eventually they become more expensive than a car payment.

13. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Once I start spending good money as a rolling average it'll be time to kick it. I just hate the idea of working to finance a stupid daily driver. Screw that. I have the money set aside for double the car I'm driving now.

14. It's more than just the money, it's also a PITA getting your car serviced with this job

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Trying to scedule just to get my truck inspected on a Sunday before end of the month has been fun.

16. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Looked at a new Denaili the other day. Sticker was $103,000. :-). Yet driving around I see them on the road all the time. Its always driven by a younger person. I just think to myself--you dumb :censored2:.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. But you can lease it for only 1k a month. Lol

18. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Congrats. Now up that 401K big time

19. rod

Add that to your payments on your new starter house that costs 3-4-5 thousand a month.

20. rod

Now get your route shaped into something doable and you can coast into retirement---congrats