Too many crazy people?

dillweed

Re: To many crazy people?

dillweed,

If a UPS employee witnesses someone being screamed at, then it is that employees responsibility to report it.

If everyone did there job in this area you would see this behavior die out over time.

It is unprofessional, disrespectful, irresponsible to scream at someone in the workplace under any and all circumstances.

Excuses are unacceptable for this behavior.

In the home, screaming at your family is immature, irresponsible, disrespectful, unkind and wrong.

I have not experienced a trying or stressful situation that was made better by acting in this way.

Sincerely,
I

I - I don't feel it is my place to determine whether or not another employee is bothered by screaming. Some are unfazed. I have seen others upset and have offered to witness for them if needed.

The worst sup in our building once screamed at me. I worked as he directed but stopped by his office on my way out to tell him I wasn't the type of employee he needed to scream at and to please not do it again. He hasn't.

I agree with you that the screaming is abusive and shouldn't happen. However, I've come to realize that it's their way of getting adrenaline (sp) pumping and people moving faster. It also causes tempers to flare and often leaves one feeling drained and unhappy. I don't let that happen anymore. I don't like to hear the yelling but have accepted it for what it is. Thanks for your input!

JonFrum

It sort of hurts my feelings when I bring a problem to the attention of one of my supervisors and they go through the motions of writing it down on a piece of paper. I know they are never going to fix it...they know they are never going to fix it...and they know that I know that they are never going to fix it. What is the point of documenting something on a piece of paper when we both know it is going to wind up in the wastebasket the moment I walk away?

It's like when some guy backs into your personal car in the mall parking lot while you are in the stores shopping. A few distant onlookers watch as he writes a note and places it under your windshield wiper. Later you read the note which says only, "A few distant onlookers are watching me write this useless note and place it under your windshield wiper. Ha-Ha. Have a nice day."

Norma

Ha! There's a crazy lady 1 belt over who asks many times "Is it me or am I crazy". Unfortunately no one in mgmt or hourly has the balls (including me) to say "yes you are crazy". But she is crazy.

old levi's

blank space
What is the magic number where you cross the threshold from some crazy people to too many crazy people. Is it more nuts than you can shake a stick at?

menotyou

bella amicizia

menotyou,

Would you be so kind as to share the method and manner with which you reported this conduct?

Have you continued to report each incident if the behavior has continued?

Sincerely,
I

Numerous calls to the help line. Numerous meetings 'upstairs' with the Labor sup and the Division Labor Manager.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
We have a long term preloader, a great person and the best in the center, who has a gift. I don't know if you believe in such things but she has a psychic ability.

When she gets that overwhelming feeling that something is going to happen, it always does.

She says there will be a incident of workplace violence within the year and there will be casualties.

I'm keeping a sharp lookout.
I have a sick feeling that, at some point in the not-too-distant future, a Center or Division-level management person someplace is going to walk into work one morning and go postal. People can only be pushed and abused so far before they snap... and when a person doesnt have the right to union representation, doesnt have the ability to file a grievance, cannot hold his superiors accountable to a labor agreement, and has given his health and his sanity and 25 or even 30 years of his life to a company that is slowly and methodically shoving him through a meat grinder of impossible expectations....bad sh&t happens. I really, really, really hope and pray that I am wrong.

DS

Fenderbender

I have bad dreams about ups all the time.
An abandoned mall with hundreds of package cars left behind by some disaster,and me with 4 deliveries left can't find mine.
When I do find it every stop is a huge ordeal,with mudslides and snakes n stuff
I like potato chips and radishes with coffee,
but not at the same time.

are you crazy? heck no,why do I look crazy?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just got off phone with my mother. Her and Dad spent this past weekend at the cottage. A few cottages down from ours is another family from Brownville. I graduated with their youngest daughter. She has a young lad about 20 yrs old. His mother asked my mother if I had the same supervisor as he did. Mom wasn't sure as I don't like talking about work with her. The story went on about what a nut-job this sup is. The young lad was relaying stories that no one could believe. Power trips and how it seemed sometimes she was like 2 different people. I about died. Mom couldn't remember the sups name. I said ****** and she said yes.
I haven't spoken with so and so or her son in about 15 years. There is no way he knows what I call Psycho Susie, Wacky J***** or any of her other as yet unnamed personalities.
I thought it hilarious, at first, but then, very sad. UPS allows these people to abuse their employees. It has been reported several times and is still ignored. Why? This is the quote from the Labor sup in my area, "She has the best discipline record in the district." That is why a supervisor who is known to be off balance is allowed to continue to work here. Boy, That explains it!:raspberry-tounge:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We have a long term preloader, a great person and the best in the center, who has a gift. I don't know if you believe in such things but she has a psychic ability.

When she gets that overwhelming feeling that something is going to happen, it always does.

She says there will be a incident of workplace violence within the year and there will be casualties.

An event such as this is inevitable in our current work environment. Corporate knows this. They don't care as long as they aren't in danger and they can blame the violence on a deranged employee. Insurance will cover any casualties and profits won't be affected. Security will become more invasive for the rest of us.

Returntosender

There is tort law called "Negligence in employment" Talk the local Union attorney for details.