too many signatures a integrity issue ???

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
anyone else hear of this,, we were told I.E said we have too many drivers getting signatures on stops that should not need signatures...HUH????? We have been told to stop getting signatures as it is now a integrity issue...............??? Im more and more confused every day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

anyone else hear of this,, we were told I.E said we have too many drivers getting signatures on stops that should not need signatures...HUH????? We have been told to stop getting signatures as it is now a integrity issue...............??? Im more and more confused every day

There is an additional time allowance as it does take more time to get a signature as opposed to simply releasing a pkg. Are these drivers getting signatures at stops that have had claims in the past or are these legitimate driver release stops and these drivers are simply padding their dispatches?

jimstud

Banned
There is an additional time allowance as it does take more time to get a signature as opposed to simply releasing a pkg. Are these drivers getting signatures at stops that have had claims in the past or are these legitimate driver release stops and these drivers are simply padding their dispatches?

driver relase is at the driver's discretion.

over9five

Staff member
How much extra time do you get for a signature? It can't be enough to make it worth w a i t i n g for someone to come to the door.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How much extra time do you get for a signature? It can't be enough to make it worth w a i t i n g for someone to come to the door.
When you're getting paid by the hour, it's always worth waiting. I can't believe I have to explain this to someone named over9five :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is interesting. The last time I had a 3-day my sup told me I should get a sig. at a resi stop if the customer is there. I asked him if this is the case then why do we have mcw or mcm etc. I never got an answer but he never said any more about me DR'ing stops. We have 1 driver here that gets a sig. at every stop where a customer is home. The way I look at it, not only is he padding his dispatch but also his time. If a rte has 50 resi stops and it takes 30 extra seconds to get a signature and the driver gets 30 signatures that's 15 minutes extra paid time. I DR everything I can. I want to go home.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had a driver who was getting signatures at every resi stop. Turned out it wasn't the customers who were signing though. That might be what IE is really concerned about.

Omega man

I Driver Release everything that I possible can safely and by UPS' methods. The only numbers I care about are the ones on my paycheck.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
driver relase is at the driver's discretion.
I have had too many dfs lately. Even when I have personally handed them, or left them where I always have. So I am the judge, you be the jury. If I dont like the way you look, act, or live, Im getting a sig. Yes I have more sigs lately, people are more dishonest lately.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just when I thought I'd heard it all. I swear UPS is going to nit-pick themselves right out of business. It's no wonder the average UPS driver don't give a crap about anything anymore- they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just when I thought I'd heard it all. I swear UPS is going to nit-pick themselves right out of business. It's no wonder the average UPS driver don't give a crap about anything anymore- they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
You are right on right on. I cant believe how little I actually care anymore. Do the job and nothing more, and CMA 10.5/5

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
firing the driver is the managers discretion. :surprised:

Tell the drivers to quit padding the dispatch - you have been given fair warning.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

If a DR package with a value of over $100 comes up missing, Loss Prevention will try to make the driver pay the claim by saying that proper DR methods weren't followed.

Tell you what; if we renegotiate the contract to state that drivers will not be held liable for any Driver Release packages under any circumstances, then you can go after them for getting "too many signatures".

Until then...deal with it.

SWORDFISH

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

If a DR package with a value of over $100 comes up missing, Loss Prevention will try to make the driver pay the claim by saying that proper DR methods weren't followed.

Tell you what; if we renegotiate the contract to state that drivers will not be held liable for any Driver Release packages under any circumstances, then you can go after them for getting "too many signatures".

Until then...deal with it.

I cant believe that UPS trys to make UPSers pay for stolen packages in some areas. In WA they cannot make us pay for stolen packages.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You are right on right on. I cant believe how little I actually care anymore. Do the job and nothing more, and CMA 10.5/5
I think that is exactly the best approach to take these days. The job is simply a repetitive task that we perform in exchange for money.

Raw

Raw Member
How many signatures is too many?....You just have to find the sweet spot! For example all you male hetero`s out there, if a pkg. is from VS and the name sounds modern like Heather or Brandi, then get a signature! :wink2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As mentioned above I was trained if the cust is ho e they sign if they are not home you can dr (drivers discretion)

I can't believe any driver was trained this way unless it was the 1970s. I was trained to throw packages to the front door and d/r, hollering "UPS" walking up the steps and back down was 7 seconds you could never get back, nevermind waiting for someone to answer door.