too many signatures a integrity issue ???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Technically this situation could be sheeted as one stop instead of dupe stopping each unit. Again, it sounds like extra recording for nothing.

Perhaps but there is always that one student who may be tracking his/her pkg that may want to know why it was brought to the office. It's really not that much more time consuming and provides full disclosure.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
One more thing about getting a signature for a basic pkg. If you indirect a basic pkg, do you then get a signature, or do you just hand it to the indirectee? I had a neighbor tell me that the customer was out of town, but that they would gladly hold onto the pkg for the consignee. I indirected as I would do a normal stop and got a signature. Should I have just given the pkg to the neighbor and stop completed as normal?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just had the best OJS of a lifetime. PM me for the details on this one. Anyways, I was told that shipper release including Basic, can be left at any delivery location, including NO DR AREA's. I was further told that if I have a Basic for a business, that it would be better to get the signature if they are there, but I could leave the pkg if the business was closed. I asked if the supe had a problem with leaving a pkg at a closed business and was told, NO!

rod

Retired 22 years
I just had the best OJS of a lifetime. PM me for the details on this one. Anyways, I was told that shipper release including Basic, can be left at any delivery location, including NO DR AREA's. I was further told that if I have a Basic for a business, that it would be better to get the signature if they are there, but I could leave the pkg if the business was closed. I asked if the supe had a problem with leaving a pkg at a closed business and was told, NO!

Did you get it in writing ? I can just imagine your sup denying he ever told you this if a pkg came up missing