Too much business SORRY

vantexan

Lawsuit. LOL? Now you are the Walmart parking lot attorney. What law says Express must transport your package from pu to delivery.

What time is lights out for you and the other homeless at the Walmart parking lot?
If FedEx chooses to use a division other than Express to deliver an Express pkg and it's late or worse lost or damaged, and the pkg is of an extremely time sensitive nature, you're saying that under no circumstances FedEx might be legally liable for any losses incurred? Especially if the customer wasn't made aware that another division may make the actual delivery, or even transport that package?
From my own experience I transferred into a route that was created because a casual had mgrs convinced it could be done in 40 hours. She was getting it done, unbeknownst to them, by working on her break and driving like a maniac all day. When it was determined it couldn't be done legitimately, and the district director was demanding zero overtime, the mgrs took it upon themselves to carve off a large portion of the route and put those pkgs in the U.S. mail. All to save two to four hours of OT but ended up driving me under 35 hrs. Among pkgs being put in plain envelopes and mailed were VA medicines and company payrolls. Could go into much more detail but the thing is those customers had pkgs shipped to them by Express at Express rates. They weren't getting delivered by their due date. The mgrs were in effect committing fraud. Now if FedEx on a much larger scale chooses to divert pkgs to another division for delivery while accepting Express rates for that delivery, and that other division doesn't make it on time, they better have every t crossed, every i dotted, make it very clear to shippers what is happening before pkgs are shipped, or they may open themselves up to lawsuits. And don't tell me that can't happen because FedEx has lost a number of lawsuits in California alone over what might seem trivial things brought by its own employees. A class action lawsuit brought on by eager attorneys could not only result in huge damages but also a huge PR debacle.

Last edited:

vantexan

Lawsuit. LOL? Now you are the Walmart parking lot attorney. What law says Express must transport your package from pu to delivery.

What time is lights out for you and the other homeless at the Walmart parking lot?
Currently in a nice hotel room supplied by company I'm working for by the way.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If FedEx chooses to use a division other than Express to deliver an Express pkg and it's late or worse lost or damaged, and the pkg is of an extremely time sensitive nature, you're saying that under no circumstances FedEx might be legally liable for any losses incurred? Especially if the customer wasn't made aware that another division may make the actual delivery, or even transport that package?

No more or less liable than if Express loses it or destroys it.

Now if FedEx on a much larger scale chooses to divert pkgs to another division for delivery while accepting Express rates for that delivery, and that other division doesn't make it on time, they better have every t crossed, every i dotted, make it very clear to shippers what is happening before pkgs are shipped, or they may open themselves up to lawsuits. And don't tell me that can't happen because FedEx has lost a number of lawsuits in California alone over what might seem trivial things brought by its own employees. A class action lawsuit brought on by eager attorneys could not only result in huge damages but also a huge PR debacle.

Customer agrees that FedEx may transport it however they want, per the service guide. To think that you should have to inform them that another division will transport it is stupid. You're paying for an on-time delivery, not a specific form of transport.

vantexan

No more or less liable than if Express loses it or destroys it.

Customer agrees that FedEx may transport it however they want, per the service guide. To think that you should have to inform them that another division will transport it is stupid. You're paying for an on-time delivery, not a specific form of transport.
Paying Express prices but have the cut rate division handle the entire transaction without informing you at least in the fine print just might blow up in the company's face. Notice they did inform very clearly they were going to have Ground deliver certain pkgs.

59 Dano

Paying Express prices but have the cut rate division handle the entire transaction without informing you at least in the fine print just might blow up in the company's face. Notice they did inform very clearly they were going to have Ground deliver certain pkgs.

Customers don't care if the cut rate division handles things as long as their freight is delivered by the commit date/time.

vantexan

Customers don't care if the cut rate division handles things as long as their freight is delivered by the commit date/time.
And as I have said repeatedly if Ground fails to get it delivered on time and shipper finds out he paid Express rates only to have Ground handle everything he may raise a stink. If enough raise a stink sharks start circling because lawyers who deal in such things can smell a class action lawsuit from a distance. Expect the company to make it very clear what's happening in advance. If you truly believe the company can do anything it likes without a CYA from their legal department you are extraordinarily naive.

falcon back

And as I have said repeatedly if Ground fails to get it delivered on time and shipper finds out he paid Express rates only to have Ground handle everything he may raise a stink. If enough raise a stink sharks start circling because lawyers who deal in such things can smell a class action lawsuit from a distance. Expect the company to make it very clear what's happening in advance. If you truly believe the company can do anything it likes without a CYA from their legal department you are extraordinarily naive.
Where does it say that your package will travel exclusively by Express?

FedEx needs to put up disclaimer on it just like UPS does. Next day airs may be transported by ground.

Aquaman

FedEx needs to put up disclaimer on it just like UPS does. Next day airs may be transported by ground.
That is the direction of Express. Charge people Express prices. Move the packages via Express, have it delivered by non employee Ground. That’s the dream. Ground can’t handle it now. But the more residential shipping increases & the less & less people care about what time their package comes, the bigger Ground will get. Amazon delivers packages after the sun goes down and prime customers could care less.

falcon back

That is the direction of Express. Charge people Express prices. Move the packages via Express, have it delivered by non employee Ground. That’s the dream. Ground can’t handle it now. But the more residential shipping increases & the less & less people care about what time their package comes, the bigger Ground will get. Amazon delivers packages after the sun goes down and prime customers could care less.
People pay for their package to be delivered either overnight, 2 day or 3 day. How and by whom it is delivered is not something that most customers would care about. You cant say they pay for Express service, they pay for the above mentioned delivery days. No different than all the truck lines that line up everyday at the hub to unload Express freight. They aren't employees either.

Aquaman

People pay for their package to be delivered either overnight, 2 day or 3 day. How and by whom it is delivered is not something that most customers would care about. You cant say they pay for Express service, they pay for the above mentioned delivery days. No different than all the truck lines that line up everyday at the hub to unload Express freight. They aren't employees either.
If you choose express over ground... you probably want your package delivered before a certain time. Otherwise ground has gotten fast enough to make us not worth it. Most people don’t care what time it gets there. Therefore we have to change to stay competitive in the rising residential market. We can’t get any cheaper. So it’s a bit of a pickle.

vantexan

Where does it say that your package will travel exclusively by Express?
That's been y'alls argument, that even though a shipper pays for Express the entire transaction might be covered by Ground. That as long as the pkg arrives on time shippers are happy. And FedEx isn't under any obligation to the shipper in advance. Are you having cognitive issues Joe?

vantexan

Except Express service is a lot more expensive. Why not charge them Ground rates if Ground is going to handle the door to door transaction?

59 Dano

Good God. They pay for a delivery commitment, not the method of transport.