Too much business SORRY

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And yet we've be arguing over charging Express prices yet using Ground to do the actual transporting. Because as you say the customer only cares about it being delivered on time.

I haven't argued about who charges what; I don't care who charges what. Some guy wants to pay $30 to have a package delivered next day and he sends it Express. It gets delivered by 2000 the next day. He got what he paid for and he's happy. Some other guy wants to pay $15 to have a package delivered next day and he sends it Ground. It gets delivered by 2000 the next day. He got what he paid for and he's happy.

I don't know about you but in my neck of the woods I'm happy if I get what I paid for.

vantexan

I haven't argued about who charges what; I don't care who charges what. Some guy wants to pay $30 to have a package delivered next day and he sends it Express. It gets delivered by 2000 the next day. He got what he paid for and he's happy. Some other guy wants to pay $15 to have a package delivered next day and he sends it Ground. It gets delivered by 2000 the next day. He got what he paid for and he's happy.

I don't know about you but in my neck of the woods I'm happy if I get what I paid for.
You and others have repeatedly said that if a shipper sends a pkg by Express and Ground actually handles the pick-up, transport, and delivery of said pkg that would be ok as long as it gets delivered on time. I merely pointed out if the pkg arrives late and the shipper finds out it wasn't Express who handled it in spite of paying Express prices it may cause some serious problems for FedEx. If Ground only handles the delivery and FedEx has clearly made shippers aware that may happen then great. But in pointing that out was told Ground can handle more than the delivery and it was already happening. And told FedEx can do such things if it wants to without having to inform customers. FedEx has, according to you, no responsibility to its customers who may be paying very high prices to ship very high value items in a time sensitive manner. FedEx can do whatever they like. I bet the FedEx legal department wouldn't agree.

59 Dano

You and others have repeatedly said that if a shipper sends a pkg by Express and Ground actually handles the pick-up, transport, and delivery of said pkg that would be ok as long as it gets delivered on time. I merely pointed out if the pkg arrives late and the shipper finds out it wasn't Express who handled it in spite of paying Express prices it may cause some serious problems for FedEx. If Ground only handles the delivery and FedEx has clearly made shippers aware that may happen then great. But in pointing that out was told Ground can handle more than the delivery and it was already happening. And told FedEx can do such things if it wants to without having to inform customers. FedEx has, according to you, no responsibility to its customers who may be paying very high prices to ship very high value items in a time sensitive manner. FedEx can do whatever they like. I bet the FedEx legal department wouldn't agree.

FedEx says they'll pick up your package and deliver it by a date/time for a certain price. I don't know why this is such an issue for you.

vantexan

FedEx says they'll pick up your package and deliver it by a date/time for a certain price. I don't know why this is such an issue for you.
I don't know why you think FedEx can do whatever it likes without any negative repercussions. Oh yeah, arrogance, forgot that.

falcon back

I don't know why you think FedEx can do whatever it likes without any negative repercussions. Oh yeah, arrogance, forgot that.
I don't know why you think a customer will notice or care as to what OPCO will deliver their package? They pay for getting their package delivered by a certain day and time. Period. Couriers always say the customer gets Ground and Express confused when making a complaint. The same will happen when they get a delivery. As long as it gets delivered, that is ALL the customers are concerned with.

Working4the1%

I don't know why you think a customer will notice or care as to what OPCO will deliver their package? They pay for getting their package delivered by a certain day and time. Period. Couriers always say the customer gets Ground and Express confused when making a complaint. The same will happen when they get a delivery. As long as it gets delivered, that is ALL the customers are concerned with.
If it’s so simple...why so much small print?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Until the Ground guy falsifies the recipient's signature and the package turns up missing.

falcon back

But in this case the customer finds out he paid much more for Express service and Ground not only handled it, but made off with his very valuable contents. Good luck!
You THINK the customer pays for Express to transport their package. The customer pays for FDX to transport their package. Once again, how it gets done isnt relevant. Where does it say anywhere that ONLY Express will touch your delivery? You are such an idiot to believe the company is breaking a law by having crossover between the OPCO. If Ground is now delivering Express residentials, you dont believe the company made sure such an arrangement isnt allowed.

It will be fine

You THINK the customer pays for Express to transport their package. The customer pays for FDX to transport their package. Once again, how it gets done isnt relevant. Where does it say anywhere that ONLY Express will touch your delivery? You are such an idiot to believe the company is breaking a law by having crossover between the OPCO. If Ground is now delivering Express residentials, you dont believe the company made sure such an arrangement isnt allowed.
Back in the day, Ground had service in Puerto Rico. I believe they contracted with Express to get the packages to the island. I don’t think there was much uproar with the arrangement.

59 Dano

It's not that difficult. If the service doesn't work out well enough, they'll make change(s) to address whatever the problems are. It's easier to look at the reality of a situation than to dream up all sorts of goofy stuff.

59 Dano

You THINK the customer pays for Express to transport their package. The customer pays for FDX to transport their package. Once again, how it gets done isnt relevant. Where does it say anywhere that ONLY Express will touch your delivery?

He thinks because it's a big deal to him that it's a big deal, period.

vantexan

It's not that difficult. If the service doesn't work out well enough, they'll make change(s) to address whatever the problems are. It's easier to look at the reality of a situation than to dream up all sorts of goofy stuff.
So you're saying they'll do whatever they like and if there's a problem they'll adjust. Uh-huh.