Too much business SORRY

Aquaman

You THINK the customer pays for Express to transport their package. The customer pays for FDX to transport their package. Once again, how it gets done isnt relevant. Where does it say anywhere that ONLY Express will touch your delivery? You are such an idiot to believe the company is breaking a law by having crossover between the OPCO. If Ground is now delivering Express residentials, you dont believe the company made sure such an arrangement isnt allowed.
They’re not allowed to just move freight to Ground. That would get them into a big fight about having to give Ground the benefits Express employees have. They have a lot less flexibility than you think. But they are allowed to contract services out to Ground, as if they’re a completely separate company. It’s a little goofy because all the revenue goes to one parent company. But that’s how they get around it. They’re not just moving express freight to the ground network. They’re contracting it out to another company. Either way you look at it it’s bad for Express employees. We’re slowly getting too expensive to operate.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They’re not just moving express freight to the ground network. They’re contracting it out to another company. Either way you look at it it’s bad for Express employees. We’re slowly getting too expensive to operate.

This makes it better for Express employees.

falcon back

And people like you can't seem to grasp why FedEx has a legal department to begin with.
I am sure the least of their concern is you claiming the company can't withstand the though of Ground delivering an Express package. On 1 hand, you have a multi billion $ corporation with dozens of lawyers to research such ideas. On the other hand, you have a homeless ex employee that is bitter to the core because he didn't plan for retirement and sleeps in his car as a result. Upon further review, you might be right. Your qualifications to make such a claim are unmatched.

Last edited:

Aquaman

This makes it better for Express employees.
How could it make things better? If you’re an express driver, you want your truck to be blown out every day. That’s job security. You don’t really want your company, who constantly complains about expenses and doesn’t know how to control cost, to be giving freight to a cheaper option. If you’re a driver, they’re contracting out your job... It’s no different than an RTD having FedEx contract their shuttles out to Ozark or TA. It’s your job to deliver packages. And the company is telling you you’re too pricey. I understand the 4Z ground stuff is a very small percentage of the volume. But come on... you have to think that’s going to increase. After all, FedEx doesn’t really know how to operate Express efficiently. Best quarter in company history and they couldn’t justify our step raise.

vantexan

I am sure the least of their concern is you claiming the company can't withstand the though of Ground delivering an Express package. On 1 hand, you have a multi billion $ corporation with dozens of lawyers to research such ideas. On the other hand, you have a homeless ex employee that is bitter to the core because he didn't plan for retirement and sleeps in his car as a result. Upon further review, you might be right. Your qualifications to make such a claim are unmatched.
Nope, we aren't talking about Ground delivering Express pkgs. You claimed Ground was doing much more than that and it was perfectly fine to charge Express prices but have Ground pickup, transport, and deliver. The company can do anything it likes(as long as the customer doesn't find out). As for the rest, you're a one trick pony. Surely you have more material to snark with?

vantexan

How could it make things better? If you’re an express driver, you want your truck to be blown out every day. That’s job security. You don’t really want your company, who constantly complains about expenses and doesn’t know how to control cost, to be giving freight to a cheaper option. If you’re a driver, they’re contracting out your job... It’s no different than an RTD having FedEx contract their shuttles out to Ozark or TA. It’s your job to deliver packages. And the company is telling you you’re too pricey. I understand the 4Z ground stuff is a very small percentage of the volume. But come on... you have to think that’s going to increase. After all, FedEx doesn’t really know how to operate Express efficiently. Best quarter in company history and they couldn’t justify our step raise.
Oh they're efficient. They just don't want to share.

falcon back

Nope, we aren't talking about Ground delivering Express pkgs. You claimed Ground was doing much more than that and it was perfectly fine to charge Express prices but have Ground pickup, transport, and deliver. The company can do anything it likes(as long as the customer doesn't find out). As for the rest, you're a one trick pony. Surely you have more material to snark with?
No. We are talking about the company delivering customers packages by any means possible. You keep getting caught up in Express versus Ground. You are thinking old school. Kind of like when you actually had a house to sleep in. This is 2020. Ground is delivering Express and you are sleeping in your car.

vantexan

With the company now having Ground to deliver Express and Freight pulling Ground trailers, at some point the customer just might decide how fast they need the delivery and the company will decide which division will handle the shipment. That is beginning to happen now and will only increase with time.
Uh-huh.

falcon back

What exactly dictates a package to be Express? Nothing. Except for a frustrated broke retire dude that got left behind that keeps living in the past. We are a 1 call does all company.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

How could it make things better?

It cuts expenses.

If you’re an express driver, you want your truck to be blown out every day.

For one, the number of people who want their trucks blown out every day is somewhere between 1 and 3.
For two, if I'm an Express driver (or anything else) I want a stronger Express margin because there is less than a snowball's chance in Hell that there will be any popular pay actions or benefit changes otherwise.

That’s job security. You don’t really want your company, who constantly complains about expenses and doesn’t know how to control cost, to be giving freight to a cheaper option. If you’re a driver, they’re contracting out your job... It’s no different than an RTD having FedEx contract their shuttles out to Ozark or TA. It’s your job to deliver packages. And the company is telling you you’re too pricey. I understand the 4Z ground stuff is a very small percentage of the volume. But come on... you have to think that’s going to increase. After all, FedEx doesn’t really know how to operate Express efficiently. Best quarter in company history and they couldn’t justify our step raise.

What's the difference between diverting some work to Ground and hiring Express casuals who deliver Express freight for no benefits? Very little, so why aren't you upset about the hiring of casuals?

XEQaF

It cuts expenses.

For one, the number of people who want their trucks blown out every day is somewhere between 1 and 3.
For two, if I'm an Express driver (or anything else) I want a stronger Express margin because there is less than a snowball's chance in Hell that there will be any popular pay actions or benefit changes otherwise.

What's the difference between diverting some work to Ground and hiring Express casuals who deliver Express freight for no benefits? Very little, so why aren't you upset about the hiring of casuals?

pssst a little known fact: cutting expenses and cutting salaries go hand in hand. So that's why an employee or driver would be a bit nervous.

NC man

I don’t see how any reg joe ships anything with us. Sent pkg to relative thurs, 1.5 lbs was 20 bucks with our 75% discount. Reg price close to 100.people walking in off street have to be crazy to ship express.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don’t see how any reg joe ships anything with us. Sent pkg to relative thurs, 1.5 lbs was 20 bucks with our 75% discount. Reg price close to 100.people walking in off street have to be crazy to ship express.
If you think Express is expensive, try delivering it yourself.