Too much work

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Do you see ups doing this for full year? Every where
I haven't heard anything about it, but personally I doubt it. For the most part, you don't gain that much with a helper off peak. Stop density just isn't there. They may open up language for it as a just in case type of thing, but I doubt it would be a normal thing.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I haven't heard anything about it, but personally I doubt it. For the most part, you don't gain that much with a helper off peak. Stop density just isn't there. They may open up language for it as a just in case type of thing, but I doubt it would be a normal thing.

True. On my area. A helper from after Thanksgiving to x MAs only gains me 3 stops an hr more.

JL 0513

So what's the deal, in hot states they can't get people in package? In the meantime, there's places all over the country where it take years and years to get the shot at driving. Then layoffs when the volume dips.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
True. On my area. A helper from after Thanksgiving to x MAs only gains me 3 stops an hr more.
If you get a nice dense area and a good helper/driver combo, stops can peel off. I was with a driver a few years ago and we did something like 64 stops in an hour just because every house on the street was getting something. But it rarely works out that well.

3 done 3 to go

If you get a nice dense area and a good helper/driver combo, stops can peel off. I was with a driver a few years ago and we did something like 64 stops in an hour just because every house on the street was getting something. But it rarely works out that well.

60 stops on my area is 5 1\2 hrs

3 done 3 to go

I have to say, I don't think I'd want the job in Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. Got close to 90° in July and August here and it was rough. Above 78° and I'm too hot.

In upstate NY. I gotta say the heat doesn't bother me. It can get as hot as it wants. But once winter comes. Gets below 20 deg. With the wind that doesn't stop till the end of March. That is when I've had it

Rack em

Made the Podium
In upstate NY. I gotta say the heat doesn't bother me. It can get as hot as it wants. But once winter comes. Gets below 20 deg. With the wind that doesn't stop till the end of March. That is when I've had it
I'll take heat over snow/ice. Snow and ice make a tough job suck that much more!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Don't have to shovel heat. Actually the snow doesn't bother me. It's almost 30 deg for snow storms. It's the day after. The wind picks up and is usually around zero the next couple nights.

I'd rather see the sub 20º than the 30º snow. Much lighter, drier and easier to move and drive through.

When I hate it is after it all goes through a few thaw-freeze cycles and just turns into rutted ice.