Too much work

Dr.Brownz

They do it here and in Portland and Seattle too. There was a time when they used them year round in the big cities. They literally can't fill the positions fast enough, Seattle center does have a $15 minimum wage ya know. Macdonalds or run boxes in the worst traffic imaginable? Easy call.

They do it here and in Portland and Seattle too. There was a time when they used them year round in the big cities. They literally can't fill the positions fast enough, Seattle center does have a $15 minimum wage ya know. Macdonalds or run boxes in the worst traffic imaginable? Easy call.
Seattle has never used helpers year round. Helpers used outside of peak are paid driver wages. Seattle is a hub.

Dr.Brownz

Seattle has never used helpers year round. Helpers used outside of peak are paid driver wages. Seattle is a hub.

4455 7th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108 is the Seattle center.

18001 NE Union Hill Rd, Redmond, WA 98052 is the Redmond hub and center.

See how they are different places? Redmond is about 25 minutes (35-40 with traffic) to the east, in a less dense area.

You are wrong about helpers.

The hub is in Redmond, Seattle has it's own center in the dense area.
Seattle has probably 250+ routes. Last I heard it was 2 centers. Where is the "dense area"?

In the 80s there were 4 centers. Still basically the same area. Helpers get paid 36.40 then.

4455 7th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108 is the Seattle center.

18001 NE Union Hill Rd, Redmond, WA 98052 is the Redmond hub and center.

See how they are different places? Redmond is about 25 minutes (35-40 with traffic) to the east, in a less dense area.
I am familiar with where they are. What does the location of the buildings have to do with stop density in certain neighborhoods? Do you work at one of the centers in the Seattle building? Do you know where the discovery bay and the fife buildings are?

Dr.Brownz

I am familiar with where they are. What does the location of the buildings have to do with stop density in certain neighborhoods? Do you work at one of the centers in the Seattle building? Do you know where the discovery bay and the fife buildings are?

I mean the "City of Seattle" area, the area north of the I5/I90 Junction and south of Lake Union where all the high rises are. There are 5 gosh darn ups stores within a .7 mile radius! That is the dense part. . Redmond has the routes that cover the areas to the east. Not sure where the line is between the Redmond and Seattle. There have been times when our center sent a special trailer straight to Seattle, bypassing the hub, tons of volume there. I don't know those centers you mention but those places are practically the sticks compared to Seattle. I know people in the Redmond and I've helped out twice in Seattle, no more though. Too much traffic. I prefer the no traffic back roads my center covers.

I mean the "City of Seattle" area, the area north of the I5/I90 Junction and south of Lake Union where all the high rises are. There are 5 gosh darn ups stores within a .7 mile radius! That is the dense part. . Redmond has the routes that cover the areas to the east. Not sure where the line is between the Redmond and Seattle. There have been times when our center sent a special trailer straight to Seattle, bypassing the hub, tons of volume there. I don't know those centers you mention but those places are practically the sticks compared to Seattle. I know people in the Redmond and I've helped out twice in Seattle, no more though. Too much traffic. I prefer the no traffic back roads my center covers.

The area between Spokane st and Mercer st. are mostly businesses. Very few helpers are used in that are during peak, let alone year round. North Seattle up to N 205th st, (Ballard, Richmond beach, magnolia, Queen Anne, west Seattle, white center down to three tree point). That's where the helpers are best used. 16 years and I donot racall ever seeing a helper put on betweeen Spokane st. and Mercer st. Even during peak.

Dr.Brownz

The area between Spokane st and Mercer st. are mostly businesses. Very few helpers are used in that are during peak, let alone year round. North Seattle up to N 205th st, (Ballard, Richmond beach, magnolia, Queen Anne, west Seattle, white center down to three tree point). That's where the helpers are best used. 16 years and I donot racall ever seeing a helper put on betweeen Spokane st. and Mercer st. Even during peak.

They used to have the two biggest meanest looking drivers they had doing Capitol Hill area as a team everyday from what I hear. That was 15 years ago though so who knows what has changed. I saw a driver team in downtown last year while I was there though, seems like they do alot of walking.

Last edited:

They used to have the two biggest meanest looking drivers they had doing Capitol Hill area as a team everyday from what I hear. That was 15 years ago though so who knows what has changed. I saw a driver team in downtown last year while I was there though, seems like they do alot of walking.
Where on capital hill? Broadway? 15 ave near group health? Farther south near Virginia mason? You may be mistaking a helper with a driver helping. A driver helping was a common occurrence. 15 years ago a helper was never used outside of peak. Could be more specific on the location? I'm curious to know which driver you think look like thugs.

Dr.Brownz

Where on capital hill? Broadway? 15 ave near group health? Farther south near Virginia mason? You may be mistaking a helper with a driver helping. A driver helping was a common occurrence. 15 years ago a helper was never used outside of peak. Could be more specific on the location? I'm curious to know which driver you think look like thugs.

"Hear" bruh, I never saw these guys. Not sure of exact area, the legend was it was the worst area of capitol hill.

Maybe you are right about the driver team deal, I talked to some guys in a mall in the midwest once about this, but I know that when they used helpers off peak in our center they were paid top driver wage. I saw the paystubs. There was a point 3 or 4 years ago where Seattle was using them all the time during the summer. From what I hear now they are still understaffed, nothing about helpers, though I'm sure they use them.

"Hear" bruh, I never saw these guys. Not sure of exact area, the legend was it was the worst area of capitol hill.

Maybe you are right about the driver team deal, I talked to some guys in a mall in the midwest once about this, but I know that when they used helpers off peak in our center they were paid top driver wage. I saw the paystubs. There was a point 3 or 4 years ago where Seattle was using them all the time during the summer. From what I hear now they are still understaffed, nothing about helpers, though I'm sure they use them.
Rainier valley, skyway, part on beacon hill are probably the worst areas. I think the whole state used helpers through most of January a couple years back. Yes at driver wage. Most areas are understaffed. Summer time? Give me a break.