Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Never used one but I imagine for general use by most people they'd be alright. For hard, daily use by someone like a mechanic or other industrial applications though I doubt they'd hold up.
They work fair as long as no real force is needed.

An adjustable wrench would be a better all around tool

Brownslave688

Both my Kleins and SK's have awesome handles. Good grip and I can really torque the :censored2: of something if I need.
Good to hear. That's the problem with suggesting drivers with handles.

I love my sk/craftsman pro screwdrivers like you said feel I can really get a good grip and torque with them. However my favorite handle ever is my Whia nut drivers. They have a large round handle though and I have heard a few people with smaller hands complain about them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Never used one but I imagine for general use by most people they'd be alright. For hard, daily use by someone like a mechanic or other industrial applications though I doubt they'd hold up.
I have multiple socket sets from my mom and grandfather. If I could whittle down to just a universal socket....less stuff. I might use a ratchet wrench three or four times a year.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Good to hear. That's the problem with suggesting drivers with handles.

I love my sk/craftsman pro screwdrivers like you said feel I can really get a good grip and torque with them. However my favorite handle ever is my Whia nut drivers. They have a large round handle though and I have heard a few people with smaller hands complain about them.
Just looked up the Whias. Interesting handle design. Not sure how they'd fare for me though.

I should add that my SKs are the upgraded handle shape with the rubber on them. I'm not too enthusiastic about the grip on regular square shaped, bare plastic ones.

sailfish

I have multiple socket sets from my mom and grandfather. If I could whittle down to just a universal socket....less stuff. I might use a ratchet wrench three or four times a year.
Yeah that's the kinda use I meant. As long as you don't need them for any high-torque instances or tight spaces where it would be too big they'd probably be fine.

Brownslave688

I :censored2:ing hate those things. I should just get some smooth-jawed tongue and grooves in lieu of them.
Ummm they are expensive but you should of bought a couple knipex pliers wrench. One of the most amazing tools I've ever used.

They could replace the adjustable wrenches and the tongue and groove.

Brownslave688

Just looked up the Whias. Interesting handle design. Not sure how they'd fare for me though.

I should add that my SKs are the upgraded handle shape with the rubber on them. I'm not too enthusiastic about the grip on regular square shaped, bare plastic ones.
Right. The comfort grip on the SK are the exact same as the old craftsman pro handles. Very similar to the snap on instinct handles I think.

Brownslave688

Never heard of that. Nothing turns up in a search either. I like them though. I kinda like my Channellock ones a little more but yeah.
Just an FYI. Channellock has a comfort grip if you find your fingers sore or something when really laying into something

sailfish

Just an FYI. Channellock has a comfort grip if you find your fingers sore or something when really laying into something
I've seen those. Never had any issue with the dipped ones though and they give me just the right amount of finesse (and they're prettier anyway). I can make perfect splices with those Channellock linesmans you see.

sailfish

Picked up a new set of Kleins today. Work quite well actually. Like 'em so far.

20180620_181909.jpg

sailfish

I've had an antique table vise I finally need to use but I have nowhere I can permanently bolt it down to. So I designed a mobile base system for it the other day and just built it using some scrap wood. It cost me the price of a few nuts and bolts. From paper to actualization, it's beautiful.

20190909_184201.jpg
20190910_190233.jpg

Brownslave688