Top my Thanksgiving week check!

JL 0513

Are you in CA?
Management looks the other way during peak.
The day after peak is over is when they begin acting like everything we do is a sin.
MA. Certain things are ignored during peak but state laws aren't because they can still get huge fines. Just like working over 60 hours or not having a reflective vest on when OSHA is in for an audit.

Est.1998

MA. Certain things are ignored during peak but state laws aren't because they can still get huge fines. Just like working over 60 hours or not having a reflective vest on when OSHA is in for an audit.
Those are awesome examples but are different than clocking out for lunch for some reason. I just know it's not really brought up during peak or heavy days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ain’t nobody got time fo dat
tenor.gif

dragracer66

Your pension is $8972 a month?
Yes. that's with no survivor. I have a life insurance policy that takes care of my family more than a survivorship would have. That $8972 is what I got after the union went into critical stage. Before that I was going to get a little over @10k a month. That number is locked in for life! That's the difference between a IAM pension from a Teamster pension. Our IAM pension in single funded. Not multi employer funded like a Teamster pension plan.

ManInBrown

Pass, I’ll take my nice 4 day weekend. One day I’ll work Black Friday. Maybe even next year. I was as close to doing it this year as I’ve ever been.

Back From Break
Well I'll just leave this here. since $3350 is great money for a one week check i had a lot of those weeks. After taxes you'll probably take home around $1700-$1800 and you ran your self into the ground for that. Me? Well I'm a retired UPS mechanic since 2020 and get a pension check monthly from the IAM for $8972 after taxes that works out to be $2243 a week for just sitting on my :censored2: or doing what i want to. So im going to say I win!!!!

There were a lot of people who didn't believe the IAM paid that much. And some probably still think you are full of bull.

Not me, I know better.

An older thread, but interesting read.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There were a lot of people who didn't believe the IAM paid that much. And some probably still think you are full of bull.

Not me, I know better.

An older thread, but interesting read.

How do they do it?