Top my Thanksgiving week check!

Gaintain

How do you get away with not taking lunches? It's the law in almost every state, if not all.
Well in my particular building..they have a mandate that all pickup pieces need to be in by 8pm. And there’s a lot routes here, that have 6p-7p pickup times.
So that pretty deletes their lunch rule, in order get the pickups on the flights out. So paid lunches are a year round thing in these parts. Lol

542thruNthru

Well in my particular building..they have a mandate that all pickup pieces need to be in by 8pm. So that pretty deletes their lunch rule, in order get the pickups on the flights out. So paid lunches are a year round thing in these parts. Lol
Nope. You can still take your lunch and make them figure it out.

I laugh when people use the "but I have too much work" or "I'll have missed buisness/pick up."

Not your problem that's just a excuse for you not to take lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well in my particular building..they have a mandate that all pickup pieces need to be in by 8pm. And there’s a lot routes here, that have 6p-7p pickup times.
So that pretty deletes their lunch rule, in order get the pickups on the flights out. So paid lunches are a year round thing in these parts. Lol
In what way would a 7pm pick up mean you can’t take lunch?

I take lunch between 12-2 sometime.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
That sounds like absolute runner nonsense.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
I've never heard of this. How does that work? Am I missing something here? Like 542 said, it's not your problem. One thing to learn early on in your career is not to make their problem your problem.

Gaintain

His lunch isn't being paid he's just not taking it.
Lol. Ok let me elaborate again. Sheesh
Everyday I take a lunch. There’s usually 2 30min time frames on my board that has no activity. BUT unlike ya’ll, at my center, I dont have to put those downtime’s into my board and not get paid. They don’t care! So drivers here can sit & eat on the clock. As long as everything is picked up, delivered and you’re back in the building by 8p.

542thruNthru

Lol. Ok let me elaborate again. Sheesh
Everyday I take a lunch. There’s usually 2 30min time frames on my board that has no activity. BUT unlike ya’ll, at my center, I dont have to put those downtime’s into my board and not get paid. They don’t care! So drivers here can sit & eat on the clock.
Oh ok. So what you're saying is that at this moment no one has said or done anything about you taking a paid lunch/breaks. So when they actually do start to care out of no where and fire you for stealing time we'll all understand what happen.

SMH. Why do people do this!! We literally just had a guy this year get fired because for the last 5-6 years he'd been sitting while waiting for a pick up and eating lunch on the clock. Didn't get his job back and acted like he was getting screwed over because he'd been doing it for years.

The stupidity of some people just amazes me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How does that “delete thier lunch rule”
Do you think your boss skips his lunch?

You’re nothing but a sheep

542thruNthru

How does that “delete thier lunch rule”
Do you think your boss skips his lunch?

You’re nothing but a sheep
It doesn't. He's stealing time and trying to make up a reason for why it's allowed. Even if management said it was ok I can promise they didn't put it in writing and LP or the next DM will have some drivers head when the time comes.

Gaintain

Oh ok. So what you're saying is that at this moment no one has said or done anything about you taking a paid lunch/breaks. So when they actually do start to care out of no where and fire you for stealing time we'll all understand what happen.

SMH. Why do people do this!! We literally just had a guy this year get fired because for the last 5-6 years he'd been sitting while waiting for a pick up and eating lunch on the clock. Didn't get his job back and acted like he was getting screwed over because he'd been doing it for years.

The stupidity of some people just amazes me.
Sorry to hear about your guy. But this sounds like an example of cognitive dissidents. Your reply is about the reality of your center and not the reality of how mine functions. I’m fully aware of the way they get you for stealing time. But the way this center is run…there hasn’t been a firing for that in years!!! Currently it’s not an issue. Now FOH with the stupidity talk!

542thruNthru

Sorry to hear about your guy. But this sounds like an example of cognitive dissidents. Your reply is about the reality of your center and not the reality of how mine functions. I’m fully aware of the way they get you for stealing time. But the way this center is run…there hasn’t been a firing for that in years!!! Currently it’s not an issue. Now FOH with the stupidity talk!
You be you. I really don't care what happens to you.

You can tell me to FOH with the stupidity talk but you literally said you have two 30-minute no activity spots. Meaning you can take a lunch easily. So yes you're stupid for taking this chance with your job.

Let me try and put it in a way you'll understand. You put one bullet in a revolver, spin the barrel, point it at your head and pull the trigger. You survive but it doesn't mean you're not stupid for doing it.

Does that register big guy?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why not just do :censored2: the right way?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Your center manager has your balls in a pickle jar under his desk.

Gaintain

You be you. I really don't care what happens to you.

You can tell me to FOH with the stupidity talk but you literally said you have two 30-minute no activity spots. Meaning you can take a lunch easily. So yes you're stupid for taking this chance with your job.

Let me try and put it in a way you'll understand. You put one bullet in a revolver, spin the barrel, point it at your head and pull the trigger. You survive but it doesn't mean you're not stupid for doing it.

Does that register big guy?
Haha. Look I’ve been a driver for 23yrs. Was in the NYC Manhattan South for my first 15yrs. That’s a place where you would absolutely get fired for this. And its absolutely mandatory to put in a lunch.
But now Im in a suburban Midwest building. It’s kind of a country club here, & teamsters has its own separate contract from the national. It’s just different here.
But I get what you’re saying because I couldnt believe too when I got out here.
But this is the way! ;-)

Last edited:

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
So there has been a firing for that in the past? Being with the company for 23 years you have to know one of the cardinal sins is dishonesty, right?

This just blows my mind.