Top rate clarification

Delivery!!!

If I was to reach top rate next week, would my pay be whatever top rate was when the contract was accepted or would it also include the yearly raises?

Rack em

Made the Podium
So the people who gained FT seniority during this contract will be grandfathered in correct? So if for some stupid reason the union agreed to a two-tier wage progression, everyone during this contract is grandfathered in?

Over 70

What about a pt cover driver who is qualified which carries over when they go full time? We have a PT cover driver at top rate...

I ask because I'm about to officially qualify.

Where I'm at even cover drivers start at 18.75 and gain progression which carries over to FT.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If I was to reach top rate next week, would my pay be whatever top rate was when the contract was accepted or would it also include the yearly raises?
What raises did the local get that were not in the contract? COLA? The top rate is the top rate, no?

PT Car Washer

What about a pt cover driver who is qualified which carries over when they go full time? We have a PT cover driver at top rate...

I ask because I'm about to officially qualify.

Where I'm at even cover drivers start at 18.75 and gain progression which carries over to FT.
At contract time everything is negotiable but usually you will keep last contract agreements. But everything is negotiable.

Delivery!!!

What raises did the local get that were not in the contract? COLA? The top rate is the top rate, no?
I didn't know if the raises in the contract were applied to the top rate but I now understand that they are. I guess it's not called top rate for nothing.

PT Car Washer

I didn't know if the raises in the contract were applied to the top rate but I now understand that they are. I guess it's not called top rate for nothing.
The company could always try to negotiate a lowering of drivers top rate and apply the difference to increasing PT starting wage. At contract time everything is negotiable.