Top rate paycheck

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm at 20% on my 401k at the moment. got 1 more year to top rate. Do you guys do ROTH or traditional 401k. I'm 10/10 but I think I might have to either buy a home or change it to 20 percent traditional 401k so I don't have to pay obunga come tax time.
I do Roth but it is a hard choice to make.

Little easier for me I max out Roth wife maxes out traditional. So covered both ways

ManInBrown

If you do it the day you go full time you'll never miss it. They were making it at measly part time wages somehow.

A full time upser can max out their 401k and still bring home at least $800-$900 a week. There are lots of people that would KILL to have a job that pays that.
Maybe in Arkansas. Not where I live. My residence would be a cardboard box bringing home that kind of weekly paycheck

Ms.PacMan

To Roth or not to Roth. It's a tough decision. Roth 401k wasn't available when I started and I got more tax benefits as head of household keeping my AGI very low so traditional 401k for me. The TaxCaster app by Intuit will let you play around with numbers and see where you stand.

I plan to do small Roth conversions every year from 53 -70. http://www.i-orp.com/ This calculator will help you figure out how or if you should convert to Roth and in what amount before you're 70.

If I happen to actually make it to a full 30yr pension plus my retirement savings then I'll have to take on a deadbeat husband to minimize my tax burden. :)

ManInBrown

The boys from the hall got me walking in one morning for that drive :censored2:

I reluctantly gave the minimum. Why do I have a feeling that cash goes into the breakfast fund for them

To each their own...but I don't feel the need to tell you that you should contribute to Drive so I don't know why you feel the need to tell me I shouldn't.
Because it's a pile of crap

Supposed to be ...Democrat, rebuplican, independent voter education...? Haven't seen that yet.,they aren't getting my money or any of my brothers....friend* them

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To Roth or not to Roth. It's a tough decision. Roth 401k wasn't available when I started and I got more tax benefits as head of household keeping my AGI very low so traditional 401k for me. The TaxCaster app by Intuit will let you play around with numbers and see where you stand.

I plan to do small Roth conversions every year from 53 -70. http://www.i-orp.com/ This calculator will help you figure out how or if you should convert to Roth and in what amount before you're 70.

If I happen to actually make it to a full 30yr pension plus my retirement savings then I'll have to take on a deadbeat husband to minimize my tax burden. :)
Yeah the Roth vs traditional argument is pretty nit picky to me. The key is to save first and foremost

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
So a 20 year driver showed me his check and surprisingly it was only $810 after deductions. He said he only contributes 5% to his 401k so I can't really grasp this. Granted I'm in NYC and the taxes are horrendous but here I'm just a year from being at top rate. Now I'm not nearly as excited as I was. Is that really the ballpark of what most top rate drivers make?
I do between 48 and 50 hours and bring home a little over 1k. I even have a little over 100 taken out also 401k and dues. I'm also not topped out. He didn't tell you something.

JL 0513

All you need to know is that the average driver grosses in the ballpark of $1,750/wk with typical overtime. A good amount more in December. Personal taxes and deductions take it elsewhere.