Top rate paycheck

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I finally signed up for 401k this morning through the teamsters 401k plan...was told they don't match...thought that was the whole point of 401k..is there a different plan through ups that does match and where the hell do I find the number

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I finally signed up for 401k this morning through the teamsters 401k plan...was told they don't match...thought that was the whole point of 401k..is there a different plan through ups that does match and where the hell do I find the number
No match. The point of a 401k is to save for retirement.

9.5 everyday

40 hrs = $1375.60
6.61 OT= $340.98
Total = $1716.58
Deductions
11% 401k = $188.82
Credit union = $100
United way = $1
Take home = $1,048.79
That's claiming 0 state and 5 federal

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Not sure what all deductions the driver in OP's post must have coming out, but I can easily bring that home if I drive five days. I'm also only on year 2 of 4 in my progression. Granted I haven't enrolled in the 401K yet (which I intend to do while I'm filing my taxes this year) but even then, which I intend to do 10%, I would still be bringing home a significant amount by comparison.

Dr.Brownz

So a 20 year driver showed me his check and surprisingly it was only $810 after deductions. He said he only contributes 5% to his 401k so I can't really grasp this. Granted I'm in NYC and the taxes are horrendous but here I'm just a year from being at top rate. Now I'm not nearly as excited as I was. Is that really the ballpark of what most top rate drivers make?
Im not at top rate and my take home is around 875 with 43 hours

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lol money and people fascinate me. Those that know what they are doing are usually actively seeking out advice and new ways to grow that money.

Those that don't have clue how to handle money won't listen to a word anyone has to say.
Truth right there.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

The entire point of a 401k is a tax-free vehicle to save money for retirement.

I'd like to see a 3% match, but I don't see it happening without opening the door for pension cuts.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Listen my wife and I make more money than all of our friends. I get that we are very fortunate.

However all of our friends have more stuff than us. We get told all of the time. Just go buy a car. Just go buy that house. Nope. There's a plan in place. So far it's went very well. I plan on retiring a multimillionaire
My wife and I are in the same situation as you.

Except we still buy some toys lol.

But we have investments and a plan and will retire in that bracket too

JL 0513

I was always under the impression employers matched to a certain percent..so my employer doesn't match and there will be no pension when i retire...yaaaaay!!!!!

It would indeed suck if all the younger guys get screwed out of a pension, or even just receive deeply cut payouts after forfeiting an employer 401k matching system. If UPS remains strong, I can't see why it would go belly up but you never know.

The other unfortunate occurrence is financial collapses inevitably coming wiping out most of the accumulated deductions you've tossed into your 401k for decades. Wouldn't it be lovely if both of these scenarios occurred along with the expected SS crisis? It's not tin hat stuff, just simple arithmetic. 2008 will look like a hiccup. Anyone notice the national debt has doubled in just 8 years?

It would indeed suck if all the younger guys get screwed out of a pension, or even just receive deeply cut payouts after forfeiting an employer 401k matching system. If UPS remains strong, I can't see why it would go belly up but you never know.

The other unfortunate occurrence is financial collapses inevitably coming wiping out most of the accumulated deductions you've tossed into your 401k for decades. Wouldn't it be lovely if both of these scenarios occurred along with the expected SS crisis? It's not tin hat stuff, just simple arithmetic. 2008 will look like a hiccup. Anyone notice the national debt has doubled in just 8 years?
Your money will still be there,it just won't be worth anything. Hyperinflation will kick in so the can pay down the debt.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The entire point of a 401k is a tax-free vehicle to save money for retirement.

I'd like to see a 3% match, but I don't see it happening without opening the door for pension cuts.
Yea I've never had a job with a pension before so I guess it makes sense that they don't match like my old jobs