Torco Fuel Nationals-Virginia

upsdude

Anyone else going?

I'll be wearing my UPS hat (issued type) and plan to have Vandy and Naylor sign it.

Disappointed Force won't be there so I'll just stare at Ashley. :thumbup1:

upsdude

Rain kind of screwed up the day, long delay so the pro cars didn’t make runs until after 7:00. Vandy broke on his run (blower) and Naylor didn’t hit the setup. Both will have to bust butt today to make the field. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I was able to have both of them sign my UPS hat. Naylor gave me a strange look when I handed over the hat. I told him rumor has it he may be familiar with UPS, he said “what about you?” We talked very briefly and he commented that UPS isn’t the same company it used to be. I totally agree but that’s a topic for another thread.

With iffy weather and a 2 hour drive each way I’ll pass on 2nd round and finals.

Ashley Force wasn’t there on Friday.:crying:
UPS_Hat.jpg

area43

Dude!!! What are you doing? Your defacing and destroying UPS property. LOL Times are tight at UPS. That 6.1 billion dollar buy out sure has put a dent in UPS's pocket book. Hey, go out and get some sales leads. That should smooth things over. ( ;

wkmac

upsdude,

Did you get the chance to look at the chassis changes JFR made after John's crash at Dallas during the Richmond race? They did a segment on TV with John Medlen and Zippy in the background where John went over the changes. They showed the X bars installed to link the bottom main horizonals and the crossover to the top bars but I also thought or actually had heard that the cockpit area would be wrapped in carbon fiber to make a nearly enclosed capsule at least as it pertained the the leg and feet area. Now they may have removed the carbon fiber to show the new chassis bracing but I never saw Medlen make any mention of the carbon fiber wrapping. there was some added side wrapping along the leg area but nothing over the top or under the bottom that I could see. I guess I thought they were thinking of the pod idea like they use in fuel boat racing.

upsdude

I couldn’t get close enough to Hight’s car to check it out. As an old oval guy it reminded me of the crowd you would see around an Earnhardt. LOL.

I thought the same thing you did about the driver “tub”. I thought I saw something that resembled a “tub” during either Saturday or Sunday’s broadcast.

Admittedly I didn’t know much about Vandergriff until his car became brown. It was nice to meet him on Friday and I found him to be very personable. IMO he is representing UPS (and the employees) very well. I can picture him in browns walking up to a house. LOL. I now proudly display an autographed UPS T/friend connecting rod in my den!:cool:

BTW, seeing the look on a friends face after he witnessed his first ever 300+MPH run was worth the price of admission. :thumbup1:

Max Naylor is another class act, he’s now on my list of favorite Pro Stock drivers. :thumbup1:

wkmac

Whit Bazemore finishes out the year for John Force in John's FC!

:ohmy: What The ?

Don't be surprised if it happens.

I hope he goes back to FC which it where his love is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't forget to get your "immunizations" when attending all these racing events !!

I don't believe what I heard on the news. I don't know if politicians are out to insult NASCAR or the entire South. Either way, they've done both.

Idiots !!

upsdude

Whit Bazemore finishes out the year for John Force in John's FC!

:ohmy: What The ?

Don't be surprised if it happens.

I hope he goes back to FC which it where his love is.

I could see that!

You think Schumacher (Don) is laughing?

upsdude

Don't forget to get your "immunizations" when attending all these racing events !!

I don't believe what I heard on the news. I don't know if politicians are out to insult NASCAR or the entire South. Either way, they've done both.

Idiots !!

I read that!

I have to admit, the infield at Talladega gets rather “interesting”. I could see the need for shots but more along the lines of penicillin. :blushing: