total arrogance

DS

Fenderbender
:thumbup1:

The only way the system will be scrapped is if you can prove it to them that it's crap.

I dont think thats gonna happen hoser.I`ve followed this whole PAS thing from the beginning of its implementation by talking to lots of folks right here in the cafe`,and I believe its inevitable.The millions invested make it highly improbable.
I asked Mr. Flowers when it was coming to Canada and he said we will be trying it in Cowtown in the near future.
All those numbered streets will make it easy for the system to function flawlessly:wink:

dammor

Your whole dispatch team needs fired then...it can take less than two hours to get a driver up to trace on an easy route, and up to about 6 on a harder route...your whole dispatch team needs fired for unwillingness to do their jobs. Simple as that. As for IE not caring, part of the original thread, in reality they dont care, their job description is to get PAS/EDD up and running, the rest is basically up to the in center team to sort loops and set up the EDD in the right trace. Air deliveries aren't done in EDD, but to have a center completely cut it off, points right in the face of dispatch managers, and their lack of job responsiblity, and it also shows the lack of concern for them to do their job from a center manager, who should also be terminated, it will catch up with them, because the center team has to answer for each and every vital PASS/EDD Statistic everyday.

Give me a break. You are the one that said a monkey could be trained to unload a truck on another discussion in this forum. Just my humble non management opinion, but I think the monkeys put this system in and then left the monkeys to run it. You are looking at numbers and maps and have not for one minute asked for any input from the people that know the areas. Don't worry though, the lower monkeys will do their best to make it work. We are very stupid, but we seem to care about the people we deliver to and even have some pride in knowing we have done our best. Do you?

over9five

Staff member
"Has any body ever heard of "Work as directed"? "

Yes, we have, Race. But it is hard for us senior drivers to do that when it means lowering our service levels. There is no way to properly service all the customers ON TRACE when you have cut routes.

We've been through it. 2 1/2 years on PAS/EDD. Stick to your guns and service the customers. Your management team has to go through it too. Ours now knows that breaking trace HAS to happen. It's no longer a problem.

W

westsideworma

anyone got warning letters for not following trace? some drivers in our hub told me they are gonna start handing letters out for it. Its a shame you guys can't give them warnings for how bad they've screwed up some of your routes. I believe they'll do it as they've already threatened us (preloaders) with them for our misloads and even taken people "in the office". All misloads even ones that aren't our fault (bad PALS, etc) are grounds for it.

This can only "help" the 110 percent turnover rate in our hub. Threatening your current loyal employees who were willing to put up with the BS to begin with (some have been there 20+ years), thats smart. :wink:

hoser

Industrial Slob
I dont think thats gonna happen hoser.I`ve followed this whole PAS thing from the beginning of its implementation by talking to lots of folks right here in the cafe`,and I believe its inevitable.The millions invested make it highly improbable.
I asked Mr. Flowers when it was coming to Canada and he said we will be trying it in Cowtown in the near future.
All those numbered streets will make it easy for the system to function flawlessly:wink:
I thought Toronto already has it, I sorted some smalls to "Toronto Boxline 4". Depends on which centre, I guess. Are you out of harbourfront?

I think with the system, they're being persistent and seeing how it goes system wide, not just basing it on pilot programs in certain centres. If every driver in every country proves that it can't fly, then they'll scrap it. We'll have to see, give it sometime, technology always starts off as crap.

Now for our city, yes, downtown it'll work where everything is numbered, but our suburbs (where there's a new one every week), PAS will just blow up. Hidden Valley Road, Park, View, Meadows, Lane, Crescent, Way, Manor, etcetc :wink:. Not to mention the 25+ packages we get daily that are addressed to "Alberta, Alberta".

Our centre is a piece and we're moving right to the airport soon. PAS will probably come when we're there. I'm hoping for a gravy ramp position.