Total Knee Replacement Surgery

upschuck

This is what the definition of disability according to the ADA: The Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA) has a three-part definition of disability. Under ADA, an individual with a disability is a person who: (1) has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; OR (2) has a record of such an impairment; OR (3) is regarded as having such an impairment.

Rainman

Its all good.
A driver in our building was diagnosed with club foot and was required to wear a brace. Management tried to fire him, saying he couldn't do the job. He used ADA to save his job. When management got called out on this by state officials, they backed off. That was about 5-10 years ago. Haven't heard anything more on the subject since.

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's not a question of whether I can return to driving. After my first knee replacement in August (they do one at a time) I was back to work in time for that magical time of peak. Didn't miss a single day until the other knee went.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's not a question of whether I can return to driving. After my first knee replacement in August (they do one at a time) I was back to work in time for that magical time of peak. Didn't miss a single day until the other knee went.
Walking without pain must be great though. Summer peak will be here in a month....and last till Labor Day. Same ****, different year....

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Some doctors do both knees at once but my doctor prefers to do them one at a time. Let's just hope he had a relaxing, stress free weekend.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Last summer I had a total knee replacement. While I was recovering I found Brown Cate. It helped keep me sane. Wednesday my other knee gave.out and so I am having the other knee replaced March 17. I will be out of commission for at least 3 to 4 months. I want to thank all of you in advance for your posts on all topics in that it keeps me in the loop. Keep up the great info.
Get your doctor to clear you for light duty and take your restrictions to work. Tell your boss you want light duty. He will say no we don't have light duty because it's an off the job injury. When he denies you you can then file for unemployment. You are laid off due to lack of work. Make sure you get you doctor to clear you to do light duty like sit at a desk and answer phones.

If you do this you will get about 440 a week from unemployment on top of your 300 a week from the union. It's legal and totally legit and it's also you right. Think about this.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Good luck, man. That sounds great. I tore a major liagement and severed a tendon in my ankle decades ago. It never healed correctly so, the alignment from my hip down is slightly off...not visually noticable but it's put major stress on that knee...eventually I'll blow it out. Ironicallly, they can replace the knee but they can't fix my ankle....go figure..lol. Walking with chronic pain is something I've learned to live with without painkillers....just cortisone shots and advil.
You ever try a chiropractor? They can work wonders.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
My right knee was the one that went out first. I had a doctor tell me that he sees this in basketball players and UPS drivers because we tend to pivot on that knee when we get off the seat and face the bulk head.
When I get out of the seat I make sure I get up with two legs just for this reason.

oldngray

nowhere special
You ever try a chiropractor? They can work wonders.
A chiropractor is usually someone who failed med school. They have just enough knowledge to be dangerous. A good one can help you but a bad one can cripple you. My wife was a nurse and she really really didn't like chiropractors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A chiropractor is usually someone who failed med school. They have just enough knowledge to be dangerous. A good one can help you but a bad one can cripple you. My wife was a nurse and she really really didn't like chiropractors.

Most folks who work in "real" medicine tend to dismiss chiropractors. A good one can be invaluable while a bad one can do more harm than good.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I owe one of these guys big time. Still keep him in my prayers.