TP 60 Question

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you don't need a CDL you don't need air brake endorsement so no you don't.

Yes, you do. The same as you need a CDL with air brake endorsements to drive a school bus.

If I am wrong, then tell me why we had 3 hogs at my old hub that upper management had to send back due to the guys who were using them not having CDL's

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, you do. The same as you need a CDL with air brake endorsements to drive a school bus.

If I am wrong, then tell me why we had 3 hogs at my old hub that upper management had to send back due to the guys who were using them not having CDL's
No one here needs a CDL to drive a hog. Maybe your state is different?

What I was saying is if you don't need a CDL to drive the vehicle you don't need an air brake endorsement. We've been over this a few times. It's on the DOT site.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I don't think they have air brakes like tractor trailers do. They have compressed air parking brakes and hydraulic brakes for slowing/stopping. I could be wrong though. One of our esteemed automotive members could probably set us straight...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It has nothing to do with GVWR.

The reason you cant tow a TP-6 with a P-12 is because of the distance between the rear wheels of the P-12 and the back bumper. If you installed a conventional frame-mounted hitch that came out underneath the back bumper, the geometry is such that it would drag on the ground and get high-centered every time the vehicle went up a driveway. My building has a couple of P-1000's with trailer hitches and they are constantly grinding on the ground, a longer P-12 would be even worse. My P-700 has a hitch and there are several steep driveways on my route where my hitch has chewed grooves into the concrete from decades of going up and down it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

The reason you cant tow a TP-6 with a P-12 is because of the distance between the rear wheels of the P-12 and the back bumper. If you installed a conventional frame-mounted hitch that came out underneath the back bumper, the geometry is such that it would drag on the ground and get high-centered every time the vehicle went up a driveway. My building has a couple of P-1000's with trailer hitches and they are constantly grinding on the ground, a longer P-12 would be even worse. My P-700 has a hitch and there are several steep driveways on my route where my hitch has chewed grooves into the concrete from decades of going up and down it.

I used to long term cover a route that pulled a TP60 in a 114. The hitch is indeed lower and will scrape if you're not careful.

A senior driver bid the route the following year and I covered it for his vacations.

I came in Monday morning to find, the holes where the chains latch were completely broken. Took the car to automotive and they informed me I couldn't pull the trailer with it. Air driver loaded the tp60 onto a p500 and drove it to the satellite location.

The rest of the week I drove a retrofitted 113 (manual, high step) with trailer in tow.

Bid driver comes back from vacay and is angry with me for informing automotive. (C'mon man, you broke it, not me.). Automotive told him he couldn't have the 114 back because it was too long. Now he's stuck in a POS 113 :(.

3 years later, the resident scumbag of the center takes the route and blames his shortcomings on the car. They put him back into the same 114 that was "too long" only a couple years before. Ole Harry is gonna bump him in February.

But yea...

If you aren't mindful of your low end and hitch receiver, you'll tear it up.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I used to long term cover a route that pulled a TP60 in a 114. The hitch is indeed lower and will scrape if you're not careful.

A senior driver bid the route the following year and I covered it for his vacations.

I came in Monday morning to find, the holes where the chains latch were completely broken. Took the car to automotive and they informed me I couldn't pull the trailer with it. Air driver loaded the tp60 onto a p500 and drove it to the satellite location.

The rest of the week I drove a retrofitted 113 (manual, high step) with trailer in tow.

Bid driver comes back from vacay and is angry with me for informing automotive. (C'mon man, you broke it, not me.). Automotive told him he couldn't have the 114 back because it was too long. Now he's stuck in a POS 113 :(.

3 years later, the resident scumbag of the center takes the route and blames his shortcomings on the car. They put him back into the same 114 that was "too long" only a couple years before. Ole Harry is gonna bump him in February.

But yea...

If you aren't mindful of your low end and hitch receiver, you'll tear it up.
Actually, you are going to bid the job in February. If you were bumping, that would be happening before then. Just saying. (Lol)

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Actually, you are going to bid the job in February. If you were bumping, that would be happening before then. Just saying. (Lol)

Depends on how you look at it, I guess.

I passed on it two years in a row because it was in a 113 and because the satellite driver was a complete idiot. I'll give you an example...

Harry makes a phone call to Idiot.

Harry: Hi Idiot, it's me, Harry.

Idiot: Duh, Hello?!?

Harry: Right... Say there, Idiot, I'll be finished and ready to bring your pick up volume in at 17:30. I can count on you to be there then, right?!?

Idiot: I like lemon jello!

You could probably see why I let it pass me by for a couple years...

Idiot retired last year. Resident scumbag got the old car back.

We could tit for tat the definition of "bump" if you want.

Here's my definition...
Jr. Driver has route I want. When bid season comes up in February, I'm gonna use my seniority to bump his sorry ass off my route.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Our hitches on the 700s are above the rear bumper.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Depends on how you look at it, I guess.

I passed on it two years in a row because it was in a 113 and because the satellite driver was a complete idiot. I'll give you an example...

Harry makes a phone call to Idiot.

Harry: Hi Idiot, it's me, Harry.

Idiot: Duh, Hello?!?

Harry: Right... Say there, Idiot, I'll be finished and ready to bring your pick up volume in at 17:30. I can count on you to be there then, right?!?

Idiot: I like lemon jello!

You could probably see why I let it pass me by for a couple years...

Idiot retired last year. Resident scumbag got the old car back.

We could tit for tat the definition of "bump" if you want.

Here's my definition...
Jr. Driver has route I want. When bid season comes up in February, I'm gonna use my seniority to bump his sorry ass off my route.
You are free to call it what you want. But it is definitely not a bump.